DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will a Mavic RC Pro smart controller work with a Mavic Mini 2

No. RC PRO is currently only working with Air 2S and Mavic 3. Its possible we will see the Mini 3 Pro added but I doubt the Mini 2 or any of the legacy drones will be supported.

Saladshooter
Thank you for that rapid reply.I am planning a trip to Canadian Rockies and Canada requires an exam for any drone greater than 250 Gm. I took the exam 2 days ago and got 62 instead of the passing grade of 65. To take a course for the exam is $149.00. A Mini 2 at Costco is $450.00. I am trying to decide what to do with this dilemma.

Dale

Reactions: Saladshooter
Saladshooter
Thank you for that rapid reply.I am planning a trip to Canadian Rockies and Canada requires an exam for any drone greater than 250 Gm. I took the exam 2 days ago and got 62 instead of the passing grade of 65. To take a course for the exam is $149.00. A Mini 2 at Costco is $450.00. I am trying to decide what to do with this dilemma.

Dale
It would be nice to take a larger drone. Can you retake the exam for free?..... there is an online course review for the FAA 107. Its getting a little old but should be helpful for study:

It would be nice to take a larger drone. Can you retake the exam for free?..... there is an online course review for the FAA 107. Its getting a little old but should be helpful for study:

Great news- I paid for ($10.00 Canada or $7.00) and re-took the exam an hour ago and I passed it. (they do not allow to retake the exam for free). I am now a certified pilot in Canada for VLOS flight. So I am taking the Mavic 3 and will not need to buy the Mavic Mini 2. I already owned the Mini 2 which I purchased only for Africa and then sold it. Wished I hadn't but c'est la vie.

Dale

Reactions: Saladshooter
Dale, I have a similar issue. I own a Mavic 2 pro with the original SC which is forward compatible with my mini 2 but I keep it bound to my Mavic 2. I'm thinking of buying the mini 3 pro with DJI RC but it is not backward compatible with the mini 2. I could purchase just the Mini 3 drone and use it with my RC-N1 and my iPhone. I always carry my mini 2 with me but would like the obstacle avoidance and other features of the mini 3. Thus my $250 dilemma.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos