DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Winter At The Park Dec 26th

Nice! I like l seeing these videos. It is very beautiful. It doesn't do that where I am.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Do you maintain VLOS at such distances? For example, your opening shot seems too far to do so?
With my Strobon Cree® Standalone I am able to see 90% of the flight. Once it gets over the falls I tend to lose it. The falls is only 2800 feet from my elevated deck. During night flights I can see 100% of the flight.

It's surprising how much Kakabeka Falls freezes up! It's quite a large falls and the water is rushing over pretty fast. Regardless, thanks for sharing.

Do they open the Provincial park up in the winter for Nordic skiing? It would be a beautiful area to ski in.

Chris

It's surprising how much Kakabeka Falls freezes up! It's quite a large falls and the water is rushing over pretty fast. Regardless, thanks for sharing.

Do they open the Provincial park up in the winter for Nordic skiing? It would be a beautiful area to ski in.

Chris
It did freeze up a lot sooner this year I think because of the low water levels we have had this year. They do keep the park open on the other side of the river with really nice cross country ski trails.

New-Kakabeka-Map-2021.png

With my Strobon Cree® Standalone I am able to see 90% of the flight. Once it gets over the falls I tend to lose it. The falls is only 2800 feet from my elevated deck. During night flights I can see 100% of the flight.
Thanks. I must invest in some kind of strobe. Nice video.

It did freeze up a lot sooner this year I think because of the low water levels we have had this year. They do keep the park open on the other side of the river with really nice cross country ski trails.

View attachment 140749
By the looks of things from your video people are already making use of those trails judging by the number of cars in the parking lot. Wish we had more snow here - we keep getting it and loosing it🙁. The Alpine resorts in the area have been open for awhile as they have been able to make snow.

Chris

The main parking lot that you see in the video is just for people walking around to see the falls. The skiing parking lot is up on the other side. They have their own little check in shack up there.
We are getting a poop load of snow today. I will send you some LOL
screenshot-www.theweathernetwork.com-2021.12.27-15_50_17.png

The main parking lot that you see in the video is just for people walking around to see the falls. The skiing parking lot is up on the other side. They have their own little check in shack up there.
We are getting a poop load of snow today. I will send you some LOL
View attachment 140770
We are getting some snow, but likely not as much as you. Two of the 3 lakes in the area have frozen over so I imagine once the ice gets a little thicker, the ice fishing will start up. Kind of hoping the temps stay cold and maybe Kempenfelt Bay on Lake Simcoe will start to freeze. I have only seen it freeze over a couple of times between Christmas and New Years since I have lived here. Last year it didn’t freeze over until late January/early February.

Seeing Pukaskwa NP brings back memories of camping there. Such a beautiful park and area.

Chris

Great video Agustine. Looks like you're using the cine sticks? Sure is smooth.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs