DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Winter Battery Storage?

A general rule for any battery operated device, remove the battery from the device if it will not be used in the near future. It would rule out battery corrosion on the connectors.

Regarding storage, I have yet to read about a DJI Mavic battery catching fire while being stored. They get warm while in use and charging but not in storage so leaving in the flymore pack should be fine.

OK thanks, that's reassuring.

If I just run down the battery via running the drone at specific percentage wouldn't that work just as well?

If I just run down the battery via running the drone at specific percentage wouldn't that work just as well?
The battery will deplete on its own. There's no need to manually discharge it.

I have two that wont wake up via charger because i havent used them in a while
If charging doesn't wake them up, then they are most likely dead.

The battery for the Mavic 3 is a lipo and technically the long-term storage charge should be around 60-80% there are 3rd party battery hubs that have switchable full charge & storage charge functions. I use a Hanatora battery charging hub. It has a 4-battery capacity and a separate port for the controller. I'm not endorsing it, but I have had it for several months now with no problems.

The battery for the Mavic 3 is a lipo and technically the long-term storage charge should be around 60-80%
The battery will auto discharge down to 60% if stored above that level. So, it doesn't make sense to charge the battery beyond that level if you're not going to fly.

That's also mentioned here in the Mavic 3 manual:

1705618973005.png

Reactions: GregE
The battery for the Mavic 3 is a lipo and technically the long-term storage charge should be around 60-80%...
The battery will auto discharge down to 60% if stored above that level. So, it doesn't make sense to charge the battery beyond that level...

@deinvb , Don't you mean around 40-60% ? A non high volt LiPo have a resting voltage (also called nominal) between 3,7-3,8V/cell where the chemistry mainly is inactive & there it can be stored for a very long time without bad consequences. This cell voltage corresponds approx. to a DJI battery on 40-60%.

So as said... no need to place them higher than 60% as they will be discharged down to 60 anyway...

For storage either...

-Rely on DJI's auto discharge

-Fly them down to between 40-60%

-Use a charger that have a "Storage charge/discharge function" placing them between 40-60%

-Or charge them up into the span 1 solid LED+1 blinking - 2 solid LEDS+1 blinking, then take them out from the charger.

Following

Mavic Platinum

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky