DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Yesnaby Castle (sea stack) and Cliffs - Orkney

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Another Orkney drone video today, a scenic one from Yesnaby, where sea cliffs and sea stacks provide the boundary from farmland to ocean...

Had to be a lot careful due to winds and birdlife, hence the footage is mainly from a decent height, better to miss footage rather than to risk hurting the wildlife and damaging the drone....

Another good video

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Norway or Denmark or ...... ???????????????
Whats the landmass in the background in the opening shot?
Orkney... the land mass behind is the island of Hoy - literally means 'high'!

Thanks.
Have you seen the bit onthe Beeb about then thinking about governance?
Yup... it would be a shame to lose them, but they do have a case....

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Another Orkney drone video today, a scenic one from Yesnaby, where sea cliffs and sea stacks provide the boundary from farmland to ocean...

Had to be a lot careful due to winds and birdlife, hence the footage is mainly from a decent height, better to miss footage rather than to risk hurting the wildlife and damaging the drone....

True… but that sea stack hole was begging to be flown through. No guts No glory… spectacular just the same. 👍🏻

• Haha
Lovely capture and very well edited. By the way did I ask you what editing software you use? As a matter of interest there was a superb shot in the Telegraph earlier this week I think, of the Flying Scotsman against a backdrop of the Forth Bridge. Taken by a lady drone photographer and I can’t remember her name (Charlotte something perhaps), have tried to Google but to no avail. She is from Yorkshire I think and runs a photographic business up there.

True… but that sea stack hole was begging to be flown through. No guts No glory… spectacular just the same. 👍🏻
Aye, but not on that day, too windy, waves too big and seabirds too agressive... Perhaps on a silky smooth day out of bird nesting and breeding season, I dont mind having a go at flying under things and through things, but that hole did look rather tight tbh...

Lovely capture and very well edited. By the way did I ask you what editing software you use? As a matter of interest there was a superb shot in the Telegraph earlier this week I think, of the Flying Scotsman against a backdrop of the Forth Bridge. Taken by a lady drone photographer and I can’t remember her name (Charlotte something perhaps), have tried to Google but to no avail. She is from Yorkshire I think and runs a photographic business up there.
Thanks... I use DaVinci Resolve 18, which has more features than I need, but one important thing - when married ot a Yorkshiremand - is that it is free...

Dont know, will check her out, I know (virtually at least) 2 other girls that fly, both are good at what they do...

I think you would need GREAT eyesight to see Denmark or Norway fom Orkney. Lol.
Another excellent video. Do you have an inside with the weather gods?

• Haha
I think you would need GREAT eyesight to see Denmark or Norway fom Orkney. Lol.
Another excellent video. Do you have an inside with the weather gods?
Thanks... Erm, in with the weather Gods, Moi? That would be telling :D :D

Just lucky, and take every opportunity no matter how slim... Some of the recent footage was taken in chancy weather, high winds for the MINI3 Pro, but sometimes you have to chance it...

Reactions: mereflyer
Beautiful cliffs and sea. It’s really tempting to fly close and do some tricky shots, but with the wind and obviously no chance of recovery, you get what you can get. I’ve been considering adding a Mini 3 Pro to my fleet, but wind is always a factor. I’ve flown my M2P in some very strong, gusty winds in Hawaii and other locations and it’s been a strong flier. I can see it bouncing around, but the footage is always rock solid and stable.

Beautiful cliffs and sea. It’s really tempting to fly close and do some tricky shots, but with the wind and obviously no chance of recovery, you get what you can get. I’ve been considering adding a Mini 3 Pro to my fleet, but wind is always a factor. I’ve flown my M2P in some very strong, gusty winds in Hawaii and other locations and it’s been a strong flier. I can see it bouncing around, but the footage is always rock solid and stable.
Yup, we managed with the MINI3 Pro - it is an excellent stable platform - but there were some times it was at its limits, I am hoping to add a Mavic3 Classic to the hangar soon, so that will give another option depending on location and weather...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman