DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 or 3t for tracking

Amart

Reactions
I know this is posted somewhere in this group, but I am very new and I’m not sure where it is. I am wanting to buy a thermal drone for mainly deer, recovery or scouting. I have never owned a drone, so there is that factor, would I be better off getting the Mavic two with thermal, or giving the Mavic three thermal? Obviously, I know the three is better, but for what my uses are, locating shot, a deer or cows, that I’ve gotten out or something like that would be wasting my money to get the three. ? Thank you very much in advance.
Or do you have another option that you would recommend?

Most states don't allow for the use of drones as a tool to locate and kill an animal. And Mississippi is one of them

I’m not killing. Won’t even have a gun. And yes, that would take the sport out of it. I am locating them after shot.
mavic 2 thermal or 3 thermal for locating game after shot and runs off. I know the three is better, but is it worth the extra money is my dilemma?

I’m not killing. Won’t even have a gun. And yes, that would take the sport out of it. I am locating them after shot.
mavic 2 thermal or 3 thermal for locating game after shot and runs off. I know the three is better, but is it worth the extra money is my dilemma?
The use of drones is not allowed to hunt, locate, or recover deer.

Thermal drones are allowed to recover deer in Mississippi.
What is your source for this information?

According to Mississippi Hunting Regulation Website it states the following:

Headlighting​

It is unlawful to hunt, take or kill a deer at night with the aid of a light, lighting device, light amplifying device, forward-looking infrared (FLIR) or thermal imaging device. Headlighting Deer is a Class I violation that is punishable upon conviction of a $2000-$5000 fine and forfeiture of all hunting, fishing and trapping privileges for one to three years.

A drone with thermal capability would fall under, "thermal imaging device" would it not?

Reactions: MARK (LI)
What is your source for this information?

According to Mississippi Hunting Regulation Website it states the following:

Headlighting​

It is unlawful to hunt, take or kill a deer at night with the aid of a light, lighting device, light amplifying device, forward-looking infrared (FLIR) or thermal imaging device. Headlighting Deer is a Class I violation that is punishable upon conviction of a $2000-$5000 fine and forfeiture of all hunting, fishing and trapping privileges for one to three years.

A drone with thermal capability would fall under, "thermal imaging device" would it not?

"It is unlawful to hunt, take or kill a deer at night ..." That section doesn't prohibit using a thermal imaging device in daytime.

My understanding is that drones are specifically prohibited somewhere in the Mississippi regulations, though a quick search didn't turn up a reference.

Reactions: davidarmenb
"It is unlawful to hunt, take or kill a deer at night ..." That section doesn't prohibit using a thermal imaging device in daytime.

My understanding is that drones are specifically prohibited somewhere in the Mississippi regulations, though a quick search didn't turn up a reference.
True, but I wouldn't take a chance using a drone for deer hunting period.

Reactions: MARK (LI)

And also, it says nothing about after the deer is dead. So in my opinion, this law is meant to prohibit it as a hunting aid and does not apply to situations after the deer has been hunted and killed. Unless “take” also applies to taking possession of the deer after is has been hunted and killed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan