DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4.1.18 Issues

EpsonMoverio

Reactions
Hello Everyone. I know that the rollout of the Go 4.1.18 app on the Moverio store has not gone very smoothly. I assure you that the issues are being looked into by the appropriate team, and I am confident there will be a solution shortly. The measures outlined by Iannes in several other threads should work in the short term until we get the bugs ironed out. (Thank you Iannes)

On an exciting note, I have been told that the new Moverio Optimized flight app that is being made in conjunction with DJI (not Go) is close to release. It is poised to introduce new and exciting Moverio only features and controls. I am very excited to share a sneak peak of the enhancements with you in the coming weeks.

Happy Holidays!

Hello Everyone. I know that the rollout of the Go 4.1.18 app on the Moverio store has not gone very smoothly. I assure you that the issues are being looked into by the appropriate team, and I am confident there will be a solution shortly. The measures outlined by Iannes in several other threads should work in the short term until we get the bugs ironed out. (Thank you Iannes)

On an exciting note, I have been told that the new Moverio Optimized flight app that is being made in conjunction with DJI (not Go) is close to release. It is poised to introduce new and exciting Moverio only features and controls. I am very excited to share a sneak peak of the enhancements with you in the coming weeks.

Happy Holidays!
will this be in the new year or before Christmas...would be great to show off the Moverios to our Christmas guests
Dave

From the activity on the other subforums, it seems that 4.1.18 issues are not restricted to the BT-300 only- and are causing the same delay and pixelation issues with other Android devices, too. Seems like more of a DJI issue that needs to be resolved before Epson can address.

From the activity on the other subforums, it seems that 4.1.18 issues are not restricted to the BT-300 only- and are causing the same delay and pixelation issues with other Android devices, too. Seems like more of a DJI issue that needs to be resolved before Epson can address.
I fly Litchi with BT300 now and is lot better than the super delay DJI Go.

It sounds like Litchi is good- but I'm afraid of voiding my warranty if something happens, so I reverted back to 4.1.15 and things are really good with no noticeable delay even after extended flying times.

It sounds like Litchi is good- but I'm afraid of voiding my warranty if something happens, so I reverted back to 4.1.15 and things are really good with no noticeable delay even after extended flying times.
What kind of warranty are we getting now? Except sorry we knew there is a issue! DJI never test their app before update and Epson has zero control over it. That’s kind of warrenty we are getting.

Reactions: lannes
What kind of warranty are we getting now? Except sorry we knew there is a issue! DJI never test their app before update and Epson has zero control over it. That’s kind of warrenty we are getting.
I'm referring to the DJI warranty being voided if we crash our drone while using an app other than DJI's versions

I'm referring to the DJI warranty being voided if we crash our drone while using an app other than DJI's versions
I knew what you mean. I fly Litchi since P3P their flight log is also recognised by DJI because Litchi is developed based on DJI open source. Sorry I just getting very frustrated for this DJI GO case, because neither DJI and Epson both made a serious mistake that can’t forgive. DJI should do beta test flight before launch their apps. And Epson should double check what DJI put into their market before release.

I knew what you mean. I fly Litchi since P3P their flight log is also recognised by DJI because Litchi is developed based on DJI open source. Sorry I just getting very frustrated for this DJI GO case, because neither DJI and Epson both made a serious mistake that can’t forgive. DJI should do beta test flight before launch their apps. And Epson should double check what DJI put into their market before release.
Believe me- I'm in your corner on this one! Frustrating that DJI released a product that would be so buggy and that Epson let it sail through their review as well. It's bad enough to be considered dangerous, if you ask me. All that said, being fairly early adopters comes with this sort of adventure in product development, and with the work-around I was finally able to feel like the glasses add a lot to my droning experience. ;)

Reactions: godiva92

Happy Holidays!

That's exciting, it would be great to be not so dependant on DJI Go4 anymore

Reactions: EpsonMoverio

Happy Holidays!

Surely the simple solution would be for Epson to put 4.1.15 back on the moverio app store until the bugs are ironed out ...we all do the one click install..fly our mavics etc with clear vision..Happy days :)

Happy Holidays!

I m following this forum because end of January i would like buy Moverio bt 300 for my Mavic BUT at this point I ask u : is it worth buying it or maybe it is better to wait for the notices announced by you too? I accept other opinions too of course...

Hi Gianni,

Hope you had a good holiday. I think you will be very happy with your moverios should you purchase them. There are a lot of exciting enhancements/programs on the horizon, and these glasses make for a very pleasureable flight experience when linked to your mavic or other DJI drone. We wish you a happy and healthy new year, and hope to see you enjoying the Moverios in February.

I m following this forum because end of January i would like buy Moverio bt 300 for my Mavic BUT at this point I ask u : is it worth buying it or maybe it is better to wait for the notices announced by you too? I accept other opinions too of course...

Hello- i bought mine a week ago and with the 4.15 version of DJI GO4 loaded i have been very impressed and don’t have any buyers remorse at this point. I’ve completely abandoned viewing on. Screen when flying and find the BT 300 a safer and more pleasurable way to fly.

I absolutely suggest don’t buy it now, or you will spending your time like us tracing EPSON and DJI for a bug free update. Of course if you use BT300 for any purpose other than DJI drone then it is still okay.

Hi Gianni,

Hope you had a good holiday. I think you will be very happy with your moverios should you purchase them. There are a lot of exciting enhancements/programs on the horizon, and these glasses make for a very pleasureable flight experience when linked to your mavic or other DJI drone. We wish you a happy and healthy new year, and hope to see you enjoying the Moverios in February.

Thank u for greetings , BUT what u answer of useful to all the people that every day are writing here about a lot of problems with the last 4 1 18 ?
I understand that you seel Moverio but at least you can suggest to wait to buy till when a new update can fix all these problems without try very complicate ways specially for people as me not so expert ...or I m wrong ? I think that Godiva92 wrote a very appropriate answer

Last edited:
Hi Giannitrain,

I am very sorry, but looks like I misunderstood your question.
There have been reports of similar issues with the Go4 application 4.1.18 being utilized by other mobile devices (not the Moverios). Although our team is exploring all avenues, it may not be an exclusive issue with the Moverio Hardware/software in this case. My suggestion would be to keep monitoring this and other forums for updates on the user experience and make the plunge when you feel the platform has evolved enough for your taste and skill level.

Thank u for greetings , BUT what u answer of useful to all the people that every day are writing here about a lot of problems with the last 4 1 18 ?
I understand that you seel Moverio but at least you can suggest to wait to buy till when a new update can fix all these problems without try very complicate ways specially for people as me not so expert ...or I m wrong ? I think that Godiva92 wrote a very appropriate answe

You are in a dilemma that we always face when buying technology. As I see it, the BT-300 has been out about a year. It looks like Epson updates its Moverio lone every two years- so you'd need to wait probably another year at least before getting anything better than what is currently available... then, that new one will also have bugs and the cycle repeats - so only you can make the decision as to when is the best time to jump in.

I am happy with my Moverio given that I have gotten 4.15 to load- they work flawlessly for me, now and that will definitely get me through until DJI gets things right with 4.18 or whatever Epson releases to make the experience even better.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan