DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

8" android tablet that works 100% with Dji Fly app.

I am having a strange issue with my Galaxy Tab a sm-290. The Fly app is asking for authorization, Flight controller serial # and Dji log in info.
I have camera view on the tablet as well. If I use my galaxy s10 phone i get none of that and fly in minutes. Is this due to the tablet having no compass?

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
It does not have a built it compass, so the dji fly app cannot determine your position in order to show you where you are comparing with the position of the drone( behind, in front, to the right or left). It's that little arrow on the app left corner. It's not an issue if you fly in VLOS.
I hope I've made myself clear enough! [emoji2]
As others have suggested, pretty sure there is no need for a compass as you described.
Pretty sure DJI Fly app determines where you are from Controller's GPS (or Home point) and calculates directions from Drone to Home using the two GPS locations - not by using a compass on a tablet or phone.

I am not sure if that is your issue but the Fly App uses the compass in my Moto G phone, my Galaxy Tablet S2 and my Galaxy Tablet A8… I use all three to fly my Mini 2

When you look at the Atti Gauge on the screen of the Fly App and turn around, it indicates if you are facing the drone or not and with no compass, what would happen if you try to change or update the "Home Position" while the drone is in flight?

with no compass, what would happen if you try to change or update the "Home Position" while the drone is in flight?
Nothing abnormal.
You would be able to reset the homepoint as usual, because the homepoint is unrelated to the compass.
All it needs is the GPS location.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swaggyC