DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro A view of earth from a black hole

You must be a fan of the movie "Chronos".

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
That dancing bridge needs music... and the Earth being transparent to unmasked stars was distracting.

Sorry - too many years nit picking for a living... lol. Interesting video.

Your opening sequence...I think the FAA would frown on being more than 2 lightyears away. ;)
Yes, that does present a VLOS problem. Also, I'm going to need a bigger battery!

• Haha
Reactions: Hertzdonut
Extremely well done hyper lapse sequences! Bravo!!! Please do tell us the technique- I imagine video/hyperlapse 2 second intervals and sped up in post!!! Were any actually done with a tripod such as the sun or moon?

Dale

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

The best I've seen, nice work, and that black hole is in M87 galaxy at a distance of 53.5 million light years with a mass of 6.4 billion suns. Defiantly BVLOS. Ooh and the galaxy M31 in my photo to the left was just blocked out by your moon and stars shot at 2:05, but that's only 2.5 million light years away.

The best I've seen, nice work, and that black hole is in M87 galaxy at a distance of 53.5 million light years with a mass of 6.4 billion suns. Defiantly BVLOS. Ooh and the galaxy M31 in my photo to the left was just blocked out by your moon and stars shot at 2:05, but that's only 2.5 million light years away.
Thanks! That is too cool information! Thanks for sharing.

I didn't take time to figure out the gravitational field strength, nor the a Schwarzschild coordinate necessary to see the time difference on earth to be increased by 60 times. But, eh, it's just a storyline, not a documentary. My primary motivation was that I had to figure out what to do with all those hyper-lapse clips captured during my fall camping trip. 😄

Extremely well done hyper lapse sequences! Bravo!!! Please do tell us the technique- I imagine video/hyperlapse 2 second intervals and sped up in post!!! Were any actually done with a tripod such as the sun or moon?

Dale
Thanks, Dale.

The hyper lapse were assembled from the RAW images taken every 2 seconds from the M2P, rescaled to a 3840 x 2160 field, then combined in a timeline at 30 fps. Then stabilized using the algorithms available in FCPX. There was one clip, the first time-lapse of a bridge in Houghton, MI, that was captured using my MPP. It was windy that day and I didn't want to risk my M2P. The stabilization was awful, thus ending up "dancing". Oh well, good enough.

I had only one time-lapse that was captured via tripod; the shot of waves and clouds lit up by the setting sun on Lake Superior. It was way too windy to fly, but I couldn't ignore these great clouds going by. So I set the M2P on a picnic table at McLain State Park and let her roll.

The final shot of the moon and clouds was a legit flight, just time-lapse, no hyper ( ISO 400, shutter 1.6, f2.8, wb5500). Naturally, the moon gets blown out, but the clouds came out cool. On my iMac Pro, I can even see stars in the shot. Don't recall if they came through on YouTube.

I liked your video very much...I can only keep trying to get towards your type of productions that I will add are awesome ! Thank you for sharing !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark