DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Differences between Mini2 examples

stop

Reactions
Recently I purchased a refurbished Mini2. As it happens, soon thereafter I found a better deal on a brand new unit and bought it with an intention to return the refurb. However, i noticed that the new Mavic has a considerably worse range, both in control and video channels. I flew them in sequence on the same route in the direct line of sight, and the new one starts to have problems after 1km. The refurb has a strong signal at 1.3km unless I descend below the line of sight. I haven't attempted to fly beyond 1.3km, but I'm sure it could do another few hundred meters. What can cause this difference? The modern manufacturing is usually pretty consistent.

What can cause this difference? The modern manufacturing is usually pretty consistent.
Check the firmware versions of both Mini 2's (in the DJI Fly app) and post the results here. It has been reported that the latest version of firmware has communication / range issues now.

Thanks. Both drones are on 1.04 firmware.
I also checked the range in another direction, where the line of sight is blocked by a large tree nearby. The range difference isn't that great- maybe 630m vs. 700, but it is there.

I'm in US, both drones are US market. I repeated the experiment the next day, and this time didn't see significant range differences. I'm still baffled by this. It could be some sort of interference nearby, a leaky microwave or similar. I can't find any variables in the flight setup on my side.

Thank you for your responses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy