DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Fly auto log out…sux

BaldyBoyBilly

Reactions
The auto log out has me so frustrated I almost came to blows with my Mavic 3 pro.

Out to shoot a glorious sunset and instead of capturing beautiful light, I’m grounded and unable to log in via iphone and dji rc pro, despite being paired.

Same message “check network”. Errr.

What I found out (after cooking my jets)…
Even though the rc pro was showing as connected to the iphone via Bluetooth, I learned a lesson that the rc pro does NOT connect via Bluetooth. The only actual connectivity is through wifi hotspot.

There it is.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
So that expensive controller with the dedicated screen needs to log into your phone to fly?

I thought one of the main reasons to spend that money is so you don't have to deal with connecting to a phone hooked up to the controller.

So that expensive controller with the dedicated screen needs to log into your phone to fly?

I thought one of the main reasons to spend that money is so you don't have to deal with connecting to a phone hooked up to the controller.
I suspect that the controller needs to use the phone as a wifi hotspot, gaining access to the internet via the phone's cellular network data stream.

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
The RC Pro does not need a phone to operate. However, when DJI’s randomly timed “auto log out” occurs, and you’re in the field, then you need to log back into your dji account.

That’s when you can use your phone or tablet as a hotspot for your controller to access the internet.

Reactions: maggior
I just ran into this today. It was inconsequential in my case, but frustrating. I was able to connect to a WiFi access point and login.

My complaint is you can't head this off in advance. You MUST just let it happen! My Mavice 3 Pro let me know, also today, that I'll be logged out in 5 days. Fine. Can I logout now and avoid being forced out? Nope. The specific instructions are to log back in AFTER being logged out. How am I supposed to plan for that when I don't know exactly when it's going to happen? Just in "5 days".

Come on, now, DJI, you're better than that. I understand periodic re-validation. But if you need to re-validate a user, give us an option to do it when we have time, before forcing the user off, so it doesn't just happen when we're about to start (and trash) a shoot!

Good thing cars don't do this, or full-sized aircraft with human pilots. Wouldn't that be fun? "You've been logged out", and the car slows to a stop on an interstate with traffic buzzing around you at 80mph. Or mid-flight over water, "You've been logged out. Re-login with WiFi." Since there's no WiFi for miles, the plane flies in a circle until it runs out of fuel.

Just wait, I guess.

• Wow
Reactions: GadgetGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian