DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dumb question...

Wick

Reactions
“The home point has been updated”. Once this is stated can I assume it will come right back to this spot with RTH if needed? I know if last you had to do the little dance to get gps correct?

Yes it should come back to the RTH point BUT what you may need to be careful of is where that RTH point was set i.e. where you are or where the drone was, this is particularily relevant if you were fiddling with the home point location.
With the DJI Fly app it seems you can set the home point to some arbitrary place by dragging the map about.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should come back to approximately that point, but likely not exactly.
Make dang sure that you set the RTH altitude at a sufficient height to clear all obstacles on its return before you try it out. I fly mostly in a very hilly, and treed area, so make sure its set high enough.

Reactions: Simone L and Wick
You may want to read the manual carefully. You don't mention which DJI Drone you have, but I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and I assume that the other DJI models behave the same way - hence check your manual.

With the Mavic 2, RTH will not always return to the home point. If you are within 5-20 meters of the home point, it can land where it is rather than RTH, depending on how you have set the parameter 'RTH at Current Altitude'.
  • When the setting ' RTH at Current Altitude' is ENABLED (default) the aircraft will land in place when RTH is triggered within 5 m (~16.5-ft) of the Home Point.
  • When the setting ' RTH at Current Altitude' is DISABLED, the aircraft will land in place when RTH is triggered within 20-meters (~66-ft) of the Home Point

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark