DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Flying low updated..

So my first attempt at editing.. just on the DJI Fly app, shortened it a little and added musak...

Hmmmm, looks even more out of focus...
Yeah you got some serious compression going on, I have never bothered with DJI editing suite...so perhaps someone can help you, but if I were you I would get a more capable editor and take the plunge now...editing is a pain to learn, but once you get the basics, you can whip out some simple stuff pretty quick. It's like learning a whole new hobby and it isn't for everyone, but if you got the Covid blues and time right now..it's a good rainy day venture :)

Reactions: Squidinc
Does it look like that before you tried to edit?

I think the problems are 2... flying so close to the ground whil having the distance in focus. And the speed of the flight compounding that in the foreground. What focus setting did you use?

BTW... better with a sound track for sure!

Reactions: A.O.
I think the problems are 2... flying so close to the ground whil having the distance in focus. And the speed of the flight compounding that in the foreground. What focus setting did you use?

BTW... better with a sound track for sure!
Focus setting???
I didn’t know there were focus settings.

Yeah you got some serious compression going on, I have never bothered with DJI editing suite...so perhaps someone can help you, but if I were you I would get a more capable editor and take the plunge now...editing is a pain to learn, but once you get the basics, you can whip out some simple stuff pretty quick. It's like learning a whole new hobby and it isn't for everyone, but if you got the Covid blues and time right now..it's a good rainy day venture :)
Totally agree. Davinci Resolve is of course the best free editing software available, but in my opinion not easy to learn. I settled for Final Cut Pro X, which is way more self intuitive. But then again I’ve got Apple everything ?

Totally agree. Davinci Resolve is of course the best free editing software available, but in my opinion not easy to learn. I settled for Final Cut Pro X, which is way more self intuitive. But then again I’ve got Apple everything ?
I loaded Divinci Resolve... FREAKING HUGE!! slowed everything else down, I took it off, looking for something better/easier to learn and more basic..

I loaded Divinci Resolve... FREAKING HUGE!! slowed everything else down, I took it off, looking for something better/easier to learn and more basic..
I use Vegas Pro, it's "Free" but ehhh not really :p And the good thing about it is that there are tons of YouTube tutorials/classes on it broken into sub topics...I am still in class a year later..it's a process. But you can google Sony Vegas Pro "how do I" and get the answer for some video strangeness you want to try..I guess others will have to help you with a small foot print and/or free editor.

Not sure what you mean with slowed everything down? Like a huge demand on system resources?

Reactions: A.O.
I use Vegas Pro, it's "Free" but ehhh not really :p And the good thing about it is that there are tons of YouTube tutorials/classes on it broken into sub topics...I am still in class a year later..it's a process. But you can google Sony Vegas Pro "how do I" and get the answer for some video strangeness you want to try..I guess others will have to help you with a small foot print and/or free editor.

Not sure what you mean with slowed everything down? Like a huge demand on system resources?
I AM NOT a computer guy, but yes seemed like huge demand on resources.. Had the Geek Squad work on my puter a little bit so I may try again.

I AM NOT a computer guy, but yes seemed like huge demand on resources.. Had the Geek Squad work on my puter a little bit so I may try again.
Check out the proxy mode in DaVinci. It works on editing a smaller version of the video and then applies your changes to the original upon completion.

So my first attempt at editing.. just on the DJI Fly app, shortened it a little and added musak...

Hmmmm, looks even more out of focus...
How did you manage to start the props from such a great distance?

I

guess I don't understand the question. Props were running the whole time
I think if you watch the original what he means is you seem to have only filmed the return run. Did you fly up and over and then down to you or fly down that path first and then return? HE is assuming you armed at the other end and flew I think. ;)

I think if you watch the original what he means is you seem to have only filmed the return run. Did you fly up and over and then down to you or fly down that path first and then return? HE is assuming you armed at the other end and flew I think. ;)
Ahh, Just flew to the other end of that path then turned around started this run and came back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting