DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to change from CE signal to FCC?

Pelochus

Reactions
Pretty much title. I'm aware of Drone Hacks, but it is legit? Even if it is, why it is so expensive (or even better said, why not free, almost all modding/hacking communities give their hacks for free, see game consoles homebrew, Android rooting, iOS jailbreaking etc...)

I've also read some people that used a modified APK and other people modifying their FW of their drone.

Aside from that, could GitHub - o-gs/dji-firmware-tools: Tools for handling firmwares of DJI products, with focus on quadcopters. be able to do this? Say, changing some firmware variables/config files using this tool then uploading the CFW to the drone.

Pretty much title. I'm aware of Drone Hacks, but it is legit?
If you mean is it legal to use FCC in a CE-country, then the answer is no. If your country only allows CE, it is illegal to use FCC.
I use Drone-Hacks on my drones, and it works perfect. I think it is fair they take some money for the work they do, and they also give good support. 40 Euros isn't that expensive.
I also use their hack to remove no-fly zones and altitude restriction. That is perfectly legal - but it is up to you to follow the rules in your country.

Reactions: Pelochus
If you mean is it legal to use FCC in a CE-country, then the answer is no. If your country only allows CE, it is illegal to use FCC.
I use Drone-Hacks on my drones, and it works perfect. I think it is fair they take some money for the work they do, and they also give good support. 40 Euros isn't that expensive.
I also use their hack to remove no-fly zones and altitude restriction. That is perfectly legal - but it is up to you to follow the rules in your country.
Yeah, I'm aware of the legality of it. Still, using the FCC mode in areas with very low population density won't harm anyone, no matter how illegal it is.

Surprised people in the drone space consider hacking for 40 euros cheap xD, but anyway, perhaps I'm just too accostumed to free homebre/rooting/jailbreaking/open source software etc etc... from other hobbies and communities

I haven't tried anything yet, not buying any license anytime soon. I'll probably wait or try to make my CFW with DJI Tools (DJI-Firmware-Tools) + modifying an existing firmware (this won't be easy, so probably will fail doing it, but worth a try)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki