DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I installed the MINI 2 Firmware on a MINI 2 SE hardware

andersonklen

Reactions
When using the Drone-hacks software, after I had performed maintenance on the gimbal of my MINI 2 SE, I went to install a firmware and by mistake I selected the MINI 2 firmware instead of the MINI 2 SE.
Incredible as it may seem, drone-hacks did not prevent the installation and performed the update.
Now my MINI 2 SE is recognized as a MINI 2 in the FLY APP and DJI ASSISTENT.
This would not be a problem if the drone was not experiencing problems related to the radio control link with the aircraft.
I believe that this error is due to the wrong firmware, as I already used this radio control with this same aircraft.
Now I am not able to make the drone-hack software install the correct firmware, as the software shows the message that the selected firmware is incorrect for the connected drone.
Does anyone have any ideas how to reinstall the correct firmware?

• Wow
Reactions: mavic3usa
WELCOME from Bakersfield.
Once you connect your drone to drone-hacks please take a look into the infobox at the top left corner, you can see a value called “Anti Rollback”.
This value determines if a firmware can be installed or not.
The rule is like this: The anti rollback value of the firmware you want to flash cannot be lower than the current value on the drone. Once the value is increased it can never be decreased again!
If the mini 2 firmware has a lower rollback than the mini SE then sorry I think you may be stuck I would defiantly visit their forum for help also.

Hello, first I would like to thank you for your help.
Let's go...
Unfortunately I didn't have the attention to verify that I had flashed it with the service firmware of the MINI 2 and then I updated it with the latest commercial flash for the MINI 2 (01.07.0200) which is an ARB 4.
Firmware for the MINI 2 SE reaches a maximum of ARB 3, that is, I cannot reflash a firmware for the MINI 2 SE because the ARB is smaller than the firmware that is already installed on the aircraft.
Using the MINI 2 firmware on the MINI 2 SE would not be a problem if arenove was not showing an error in linking the radio control and the aircraft and this error started to occur after changing the firmware, since the radio control used is the same as before of maintenance.
If there is a way to fix the link between the radio control and the aircraft, I can continue using the MINI 2 firmware until DJI releases a new version for the MINI 2 SE with ARB 4.

Attachments

• foto2.jpg
    foto2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 42
Perhaps the Mini 2 firmware messed up the binding between the aircraft and controller. Try unbinding the aircraft and controller.

Reactions: Cafguy
So now you cannot Bind the Radio?
This is a great forum and I will try to help you as best I can ( I am A beginner drone builder) but your questions are really much better asked on the Drone hacks forum there are people there with WAY more experience with Drone hacks.
I myself could say something like there are DJI configurators out there. BUT I don't believe the Moderators wish those types of discussions here -- and I don't blame them.
I would also say that the insides for your drone -gimble can be purchased for around 100 bucks but just because I mention this don't give up. Another question I forgot -Is this your first time using drone hacks or have you used it before? Head to the hacking forums and you will get more experienced responses on you particular problem.

Reactions: davefabik
Depending on the board differences between the two typically you wouldn't be able to mix and match the wrong firmwares. But may depend on how dh works.

Hello, first I would like to thank you for your help.
Let's go...
Unfortunately I didn't have the attention to verify that I had flashed it with the service firmware of the MINI 2 and then I updated it with the latest commercial flash for the MINI 2 (01.07.0200) which is an ARB 4.
Firmware for the MINI 2 SE reaches a maximum of ARB 3, that is, I cannot reflash a firmware for the MINI 2 SE because the ARB is smaller than the firmware that is already installed on the aircraft.
Using the MINI 2 firmware on the MINI 2 SE would not be a problem if arenove was not showing an error in linking the radio control and the aircraft and this error started to occur after changing the firmware, since the radio control used is the same as before of maintenance.
If there is a way to fix the link between the radio control and the aircraft, I can continue using the MINI 2 firmware until DJI releases a new version for the MINI 2 SE with ARB 4.
Hello ,

You still have this problems? I have the same issue....and I don`t find any solutions....

Thank you

Did you by chance find a fix for this issue? I have been trying for months now and I'm still not able to find any fix for this issue, I thought maybe buying a new remote would fix it but I'm scared to drop the money on it only to find out it still doesn't work, I really hope my drone isn't permanently grounded, I waited for months for the new update and was dissapointed to find out that it was anti rollback 3 on the newest mini 2 se update and I'm on anti rollback 4.

Reactions: uluj333
Did you by chance find a fix for this issue? I have been trying for months now and I'm still not able to find any fix for this issue, I thought maybe buying a new remote would fix it but I'm scared to drop the money on it only to find out it still doesn't work, I really hope my drone isn't permanently grounded, I waited for months for the new update and was dissapointed to find out that it was anti rollback 3 on the newest mini 2 se update and I'm on anti rollback 4.
I'm having the same problem. But I couldn't figure it out. Mini 2 firmware prevents the Aircraft's serial number from being seen. Therefore, registration cannot be made. Only the serial number of the RC is visible. Buying a new RC will not solve the problem. If I find a way, I will share it here.

I'm having the same problem. But I couldn't figure it out. Mini 2 firmware prevents the Aircraft's serial number from being seen. Therefore, registration cannot be made. Only the serial number of the RC is visible. Buying a new RC will not solve the problem. If I find a way, I will share it here.
Thank you, this really sucks, I should have never flashed the firmware, I haven't been able to fly since October.🤦🏻‍♂️

Thank you, this really sucks, I should have never flashed the firmware, I haven't been able to fly since October.🤦🏻‍♂️
Sorry I'm late but I did some experimentation with my mini 2 SE and might have a solution. Go into profiles and try unbinding the remote and aircraft. You don't need the aircraft to be on. You just need to unbind the remote. Now boot everything up like normal. and connect your remote. Your mini 2 SE will think its a mini 2 and you'll be able to fly now but it'll be slightly buggy. Bonus you get 4k. If you can't get it to unbind contact DJI. They should be able to unbind the remote for you. The remote must be unbound for you to connect and fly the drone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
Sorry I'm late but I did some experimentation with my mini 2 SE and might have a solution. Go into profiles and try unbinding the remote and aircraft. You don't need the aircraft to be on. You just need to unbind the remote. Now boot everything up like normal. and connect your remote. Your mini 2 SE will think its a mini 2 and you'll be able to fly now but it'll be slightly buggy. Bonus you get 4k. If you can't get it to unbind contact DJI. They should be able to unbind the remote for you. The remote must be unbound for you to connect and fly the drone.
We have already separated the RC from the Aircraft. However, Mini 2 Firmware prevents the Aircraf's Serial Number from being seen. Therefore activation cannot be done. A connection is established with RC, but since activation cannot be made, we cannot obtain flight permission. You can actually shoot 4k video without flying.

We have already separated the RC from the Aircraft. However, Mini 2 Firmware prevents the Aircraf's Serial Number from being seen. Therefore activation cannot be done. A connection is established with RC, but since activation cannot be made, we cannot obtain flight permission. You can actually shoot 4k video without flying.
The issue isn't that the drone is bound but rather the remote being bound to the account. When the remote communicates with the DJI servers through your phone it still thinks the mini 2 SE is being connected and reports back the wrong model number. You either need a new remote that won't do this or contact DJI to have them unbind the remote from their end. Then just connect as normal and the drone and RC should operate and fly as normal. Another method might be to log out and then back in? Haven't tested it myself yet though. I have already completely several flights on my mini 2SE with the mini 2 firmware version 1.06.0000 so the serial number is a non issue.

Last edited:
The issue isn't that the drone is bound but rather the remote being bound to the account. When the remote communicates with the DJI servers through your phone it still thinks the mini 2 SE is being connected and reports back the wrong model number. You either need a new remote that won't do this or contact DJI to have them unbind the remote from their end. Then just connect as normal and the drone and RC should operate and fly as normal. Another method might be to log out and then back in? Haven't tested it myself yet though. I have already completely several flights on my mini 2SE with the mini 2 firmware version 1.06.0000 so the serial number is a non issue.
Thank you very much for your interest in the subject. I have a mini 3 pro and another mini 2 se. The controls are the same. I logged out of their account and tried. But the result is the same. Since mini 2 couldn't fly, I canceled the pairing from my account and the remote control is in unbind state. While pairing, the serial number of the Aircraft and RC appears on the screen. Then the pairing takes place. Binding cannot be done because the aircraf's serial number is prevented from being seen.
If you were actually able to fly with the Mini 2 Se with the Mini 2 firmware, I'm curious about the details about this. Which firmware, which DJI fly version, video example etc..

Attachments

• IMG_8059.PNG
    IMG_8059.PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8061.PNG
    IMG_8061.PNG
    965.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8063.PNG
    IMG_8063.PNG
    563 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8060.PNG
    IMG_8060.PNG
    591.8 KB · Views: 2
Send the drone to DJI for repair, broken leg, camera - whatever. They will send you a different unit. It will cost you a small amount, but you will get a working unit replacement.

Il problema non è che il drone sia vincolato ma piuttosto che il telecomando sia vincolato all'account. Quando il telecomando comunica con i server DJI tramite il telefono, pensa comunque che il mini 2 SE sia connesso e segnala il numero di modello sbagliato. O hai bisogno di un nuovo telecomando che non faccia questo o contatta DJI per fargli slegare il telecomando dalla loro estremità. Quindi basta collegarsi normalmente e il drone e l'RC dovrebbero funzionare e volare normalmente. Un altro metodo potrebbe essere quello di disconnettersi e poi rientrare? Non l'ho ancora testato personalmente però. Ho già effettuato diversi voli sul mio mini 2SE con la versione firmware mini 2 1.06.0000, quindi il numero di serie non è un problema.
Quindi puoi usare il mini 2se con il firmware mini 2? Questo significa che puoi registrare in 4K e che le app che utilizzano gli SDK del mini 2 funzionano? Perché sostanzialmente il drone è lo stesso e cambia solo il firmware

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13