DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air spotted

It's Canon vs Nikon all over again, one day Autel will catch up and surpass DJI, just like Nikon did in the sensor race
However, Nikon is still quite far behind Canon/Panasonic/Sony when it comes to video.

What I really want is a bigger integrated battery for the MP and MPP , not just the add-ons we have access to now

35-40 minutes of flight time would be perfect

Alrightz, here are my predictions:

They will announce two new drones. One is the Mavic Air, which is a foldable Spark upgrade with foldable arms and two access gimbal, upgraded sensors and run time upgrade led from 16 to 21 minutes.

The second will be some sort of Mavic Pro 2 with upgraded camera-likely 60p at the least. Maybe a bit smaller but likely not much. Probably back to the old prop style because the low noise ones likely turned out to have low durability-at least mine sure did. Those winglets deform and break off easy. And there will be some cool reason they have those vent looking things on the top-back. Maybe to clear room on the bottom for some reason?

I just don’t believe the new pics floating around are of only one device. The white one looks less aero dynamic with a two access gimbal. The grey one looks much sleeker and bigger.

Those are my guesses.

Z

In about 13 hours from now, dji scenario might be like this:

The announcement of DJI GO 5 App then the introduction of Mavic Air as a new generation of dji drones then bam ... We do have one more thing ... "The Mavic Pro II"

Apple influence ;)

Sources: please don't ask

Reactions: Zandian
If they announce a mavic 2 today, my wallet might just faint wide open lol. I wish I could have called out of work to stay home and watch the live event lol. Might just have to pull over on the side of the road to watch.

Reactions: Gray_seagull
It’s just hard for me to believe they wouldn’t announce an upgraded version of the Mavic Pro. The platinum release was just meh, they are significantly discounting the Mavic Pro, and even selling it at Costco. Costco is often where companies go to dump their overstock. The Mavic Pro was a game changer for them and it’s been a year and a half now since hey did anything significant with it. And it can’t be this Mavic Air thing because there I no way they will go backwards in flight time-and I really don’t think from looking at that picture that that could possibly be a three axis gimbal.

Z

It’s just hard for me to believe they wouldn’t announce an upgraded version of the Mavic Pro. The platinum release was just meh, they are significantly discounting the Mavic Pro, and even selling it at Costco. Costco is often where companies go to dump their overstock. The Mavic Pro was a game changer for them and it’s been a year and a half now since hey did anything significant with it. And it can’t be this Mavic Air thing because there I no way they will go backwards in flight time-and I really don’t think from looking at that picture that that could possibly be a three axis gimbal.

Z
I think that an updated MP (i.e. MP2) would be more of a holiday season annoucement

Well there you go, they sacrificed range and battery life for size. What worries me is that with my Mavic 27 min really meant about 21 min and 4 miles really meant about 3 miles. So, with the Mavic Air I would expect about 18 or less min flight time and about 1 mile max with any kind of obstructions. I just wonder how much worse the new Wi-Fi will be to Occusync and why they chose to leave it out. This really does seem to be a Spark upgrade. Wonder if the Mavic Pro upgrade is coming sometime this year then, maybe October?

Z

Well there you go, they sacrificed range and battery life for size. What worries me is that with my Mavic 27 min really meant about 21 min and 4 miles really meant about 3 miles. So, with the Mavic Air I would expect about 18 or less min flight time and about 1 mile max with any kind of obstructions. I just wonder how much worse the new Wi-Fi will be to Occusync and why they chose to leave it out. This really does seem to be a Spark upgrade. Wonder if the Mavic Pro upgrade is coming sometime this year then, maybe October?

Z

Yeah for the sake of sanity, let's just call this the Spark Pro! Thumbswayup

They are looking to increase their consumer base by being able to fly without knowing how to do just that. Toss, shoot, and go home. I also think they cut the range to appease the FAA and local objectionists who think every drone is piloted by ISIS and is spying on themselves, so apparently VLOS is here to stay.

Jake

They are looking to increase their consumer base by being able to fly without knowing how to do just that. Toss, shoot, and go home. I also think they cut the range to appease the FAA and local objectionists who think every drone is piloted by ISIS and is spying on themselves, so apparently VLOS is here to stay.

Jake
Agreed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr