DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Camera and Gimbal ISSUE

mavicdrvr

Reactions
So the Mavic has always been reliable and flown great, no crashes but after sitting this winter, I have a strange camera gimbal error

On startup, in the DJI GO 4 app, the camera settings are all NA, and controls don't come up, but I have picture and it constantly hunts for focus.
Get either a gimbal error or no gimbal in menu, gimbal goes through its boot routine, centers up and moves in all axis if the drone is moves around, but no manual control.
Also, when the controls for the camera are NA, the SD card shows as not installed or no SD card etc

I have tried refreshing the current existing firmware - no luck
Tried re formatting SD card, in computer, goggles, other DJI drones, no luck, works fine in my other mavic

Only reliable way I can TEMPORARILY FIX it is by relinking the controller... does not work every time, but usually at least every other attempt to relink, then everything is as normal, camera controls return, can record and download from SD card from app, can format SD card in drone, gimbal is fine and tracks as well as manual tilt.. etc

do a reboot .. and almost always goes back to Camera NA.. BUT the controller is sill linked, it flies fine, have a camera picture, just no camera settings or gimbal controls ...

VERY frustrating

I don't think its hardware, ,ike ribbon cable or phycical gimbal.. since everything does work fine when I re-link the controller....

Anyone have any thoughts on this...

appreciated ....

So the Mavic has always been reliable and flown great, no crashes but after sitting this winter, I have a strange camera gimbal error

On startup, in the DJI GO 4 app, the camera settings are all NA, and controls don't come up, but I have picture and it constantly hunts for focus.
Get either a gimbal error or no gimbal in menu, gimbal goes through its boot routine, centers up and moves in all axis if the drone is moves around, but no manual control.
Also, when the controls for the camera are NA, the SD card shows as not installed or no SD card etc

I have tried refreshing the current existing firmware - no luck
Tried re formatting SD card, in computer, goggles, other DJI drones, no luck, works fine in my other mavic

Only reliable way I can TEMPORARILY FIX it is by relinking the controller... does not work every time, but usually at least every other attempt to relink, then everything is as normal, camera controls return, can record and download from SD card from app, can format SD card in drone, gimbal is fine and tracks as well as manual tilt.. etc

do a reboot .. and almost always goes back to Camera NA.. BUT the controller is sill linked, it flies fine, have a camera picture, just no camera settings or gimbal controls ...

VERY frustrating

I don't think its hardware, ,ike ribbon cable or phycical gimbal.. since everything does work fine when I re-link the controller....

Anyone have any thoughts on this...

appreciated ....
You might try deleting Go4 app go to DJI and download it direct from them. Just a thought...it helped me

You might try deleting Go4 app go to DJI and download it direct from them. Just a thought...it helped me
well the go4 app on the iPhone has to be installed through the apple App Store. I will try deleting the app and re-installing, however I believe I have tried 2 different phones already... thanks for the input.. cant believe only 1 reply .. the mavic community use to be more active and helpful...

Did not know Apple requires you to d/l from their site. For Android the only way for Go4 to work is to delete Go4 and d/l from DJI. Cured my problems!
Others had the same problems.

THE LEFT RIBBON{looking from the rear} FROM GIMBLE CONTROL TO CORE BOARD WILL TAKE CARE OF CONROL ISSUE ,USUALLY

THE LEFT RIBBON{looking from the rear} FROM GIMBLE CONTROL TO CORE BOARD WILL TAKE CARE OF CONROL ISSUE ,USUALLY
so you are describing the left of 2 ribbons that go from the back top of the gimbal board to the underside front of the core board? I did have the top cover and bottom heat sink off looking for issues, tears, disconnected connectors, gave each a firm push but was not conclusive..

only thing is .. if its a ribbon cable. why would re-pairing the remote work almost every time.. and stay rock steady and everything working until next reboot?

yes thats the one on the left that is such a pain to install since you almost have completely dismantled the aircraft to install it

yes thats the one on the left that is such a pain to install since you almost have completely dismantled the aircraft to install it
that's what I thought.. but again.. does anything physical (ribbon, gimbal, video cable, etc0 make sense IF re-pairing the remote works?

To me that either smacks of corruption OR perhaps the board not retaining some pairing information (NVRAM ??)

I know I tried re-flashing current firmware on the drone.. I might try re-flashing the remote controller... might also try downgrading the firmware and then re-flashing back in the hope if more fully flushes a possibly corrupted firmware module?

that's what I thought.. but again.. does anything physical (ribbon, gimbal, video cable, etc0 make sense IF re-pairing the remote works?

To me that either smacks of corruption OR perhaps the board not retaining some pairing information (NVRAM ??)

I know I tried re-flashing current firmware on the drone.. I might try re-flashing the remote controller... might also try downgrading the firmware and then re-flashing back in the hope if more fully flushes a possibly corrupted firmware module?
IF YOU FIGURED OUT THERE WAS A PROLEM WITH THE REMOTE THAT CAUSED THE PROBLEM THATS GOOD TELL ME MORE PLEASE

A thought. A bad ribbon cable can produce an intermittent issue.

A thought. A bad ribbon cable can produce an intermittent issue.
well yeah.. intermittent .. but this has a definite pattern...

power cycle, issues

power cycle, re-pair remote, works...

that's not intermittent that's a pattern

i wish some ome would have ley mr knpe what each ribbon did from yje gimble to the core did right side from the rear ,picture ,left ribbon would be movement,(the dance),but since I,m still in training I couldn,t say If the next part to change would be the core, or esc control board?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prits_uk2002