DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 repairs

Mrprop365

Reactions
Hey everyone. I was considering purchasing broken drones and repairing them just for the fun of it. I was looking at the mini 2 and I noticed that 80% of the broken ones have broken gimbals. I know that on some of the other drones you need to bind the gimbal serial number to the motherboard serial number through a DJI authorized repair shop, is this required on the mini 2? How complicated is it to replace the gimbal or camera? Do the wires click into the motherboard or do they have to be soldered? Do the motors have to be solder or do they click in to the motherboard? Is there an option just to replace the motor or do I have to replace the whole arm? What are common weak points found on this specific drone and how hard are they to fix? I saw a video that you could use drone hacks and make an original mini 4k because "the mini and the mini 2 both have the same camera assembly aside from the little 4K on the lens". Does this mean that I can use the original mini camera assembly on the mini 2? Also what other parts are interchangeable with other drones and which drones?
Thanks in advance

Hey everyone. I was considering purchasing broken drones and repairing them just for the fun of it. I was looking at the mini 2 and I noticed that 80% of the broken ones have broken gimbals.
You are essentially paying for a gimbal when you buy the drone its expensive to replace. Some do not relize this and when they crash give up and sell the pieces.
I know that on some of the other drones you need to bind the gimbal serial number to the motherboard serial number through a DJI authorized repair shop, is this required on the mini 2?
No BUT a Drone bussiness that only works on MINI 2's? If you have a Drone repair shop you can get a third party vendor to do the serial number thing over the net for around 100 bucks.
How complicated is it to replace the gimbal or camera?
If you know some basic stuff its not that hard.
What it is though is costly, If you mess up the part your eating it. If your customer messes it up again they will come complaining to you. I dont have a shop BUT many who do send the newer drones in to DJI for the Customer Mostly a shop will replace a camera for you on an older model but its just not worth the risk of getting a bad part mostly.
Do the wires click into the motherboard or do they have to be soldered? Do the motors have to be solder or do they click in to the motherboard? Is there an option just to replace the motor or do I have to replace the whole arm?
Newer Minis Click on But you will need to solder to fix Drones. Once again its a cost thing its much faster and cheaper to get the whole arm rather than search around for just the motor.
What are common weak points found on this specific drone and how hard are they to fix?
No such thing it all depends on how the Drone breaks. I would say Gimbals because they are the most Fragile.
I saw a video that you could use drone hacks and make an original mini 4k because "the mini and the mini 2 both have the same camera assembly aside from the little 4K on the lens". Does this mean that I can use the original mini camera assembly on the mini 2? Also what other parts are interchangeable with other drones and which drones?
Thanks in advance
Never tried the camera exchange thing you would have to research that one. the other question is also hard to answer Models of the same Series ( Air 2 Air 2S ) for example share mostly all the same components. you cannot Really interchange parts from different drones in general even if they are the same in reality.

Reactions: Mrprop365
No BUT a Drone bussiness that only works on MINI 2's? If you have a Drone repair shop you can get a third party vendor to do the serial number thing over the net for around 100 bucks.
Not a business, just having fun 😊. Your answer confused me. If I put a new gimbal in a mini 2 would it work or would I have to send it in to a DJI repair center?

Not a business, just having fun 😊. Your answer confused me. If I put a new gimbal in a mini 2 would it work or would I have to send it in to a DJI repair center?

It would need to be paired, i offer this service in the UK for £30 plus return postage

Reactions: Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scout Aerial