DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 5 leaks

4 inch pistons

Reactions
I keep seeing these posts on YouTube about a Mini 5 on the way. Anyone heard anything about it in other places?

I keep seeing these posts on YouTube about a Mini 5 on the way
From the usual suspects who normally share leaks that turn out to be true? Or who are you referring to?

IDK if any of this is true or not, BUT, personally, I’m already tired of Apple “manipulating” purchases of their tech ( your phone has 5 lenses on it ? well now you need 6 ! ). I’m afraid DJI is heading that way too.

Reactions: Mrprop365
I’m already tired of Apple “manipulating” purchases of their tech ( your phone has 5 lenses on it ? well now you need 6 ! ).
Are there any downsides there? If 5 lenses work for you, then keep the 5 lens version. And for drones, you don't need to upgrade to the latest thing if you like what you have now.

I'm not sure you have anything to worry about for now though. It looks like most of these YouTube videos "leaking" the Mini 5 are all created by the same person (or AI maybe). Almost all of the channels have "tech" in the name and the content looks very similar.

Last edited:
Are there any downsides there? If 5 lenses work for you, then keep the 5 lens version. And for drones, you don't need to upgrade to the latest thing if you like what you have now.

I'm not sure you have anything to worry about for now though. It looks like most of these YouTube videos "leaking" the Mini 5 are all created by the same person (or AI maybe). Almost all of the channels have "tech" in the name and the content looks very similar.

I watched a couple of them and would have to agree - they weren't leaks as much as wishlists and/or speculation on what MIGHT be on a mini 5. Nothing of any real value - and if they turn out to be correct, nothing that would prompt me to want to upgrade to a mini 5.

Reactions: davidarmenb

Keep the 5 lens version if it works for you ? That’s fine. What happens when that 5 lens version doesn’t have support any more ? Answer, you “have to” get the 6 lens. How convenient.

What happens when that 5 lens version doesn’t have support any more ?
Well, then you upgrade to the current thing. Or I guess stop using the product if you prefer to be stuck in the past.

Technology changes rapidly these days. What you see as feature bloat might be just what the next person is waiting for a company to release. That's likely why so many companies (like Apple and DJI) offer a wide range of products.

Keep the 5 lens version if it works for you ? That’s fine. What happens when that 5 lens version doesn’t have support any more ? Answer, you “have to” get the 6 lens. How convenient.
What happens when whatever version doesn't have support any more?
Nothing.
It will still work just as well as it did before it became unsupported.

Do you still have an iPhone 4 ?
The iPhone released 14 years ago? Here's to hoping nobody that actually values communicating with people is still using that.

• Haha
Reactions: TonyPHX
IDK if any of this is true or not, BUT, personally, I’m already tired of Apple “manipulating” purchases of their tech ( your phone has 5 lenses on it ? well now you need 6 ! ). I’m afraid DJI is heading that way too.

It's interesting that some folks find it objectionable that manufacturers offer new and better products. Don't want 'em? Don't buy 'em.

It's interesting that some folks find it objectionable that manufacturers offer new and better products
I think @djwak59 might be trying to point out that many (all?) tech products come with some features that some people don't really need/want. I think that can be said for all of the tech products I own though. I cannot say I value and/or use every single feature available on all of the products I own.

I cannot say I value and/or use every single feature available on all of the products I own.

Yes, that's been the case with every power tool, computer, camera, phone, software, and drone I've ever owned. They've all had features that I didn't need, want, or get around to using. And they've all had capabilities that exceed my ability to use them.

There's a strong perceived pressure to upgrade to the latest version of our gadgets. I succumb to it with consumer-level DJI drones, but I'm content to have the third latest phone model. I have to laugh at myself for "needing" a drone that shoots 4K video that I share with friends who mostly watch it on their phones.

Mini 5 - I'm sure DJI is working on something new as there is always going to be something new on the horizon with new features. You just have to decide whether the new features are compelling enough for you to upgrade. For me, unless it has some sort of dual lens system and is kept under 250g I won't be upgrading anytime soon.

Old Tech - My old iPhone 4 is still in use. I don't use it anymore but my son does to play movies stored on it on an old TV. Also, I just replaced the battery in my current iPhone XR and it still works just fine.

My old Phantom 3 Standard that is almost 7.5 years old and is no longer supported by DJI is still used 2 to 3 times a week. I just purchased a new battery for it. I no longer use it for taking photos/videos but it makes an excellent Light Painting rig.

Chris

It's interesting that some folks find it objectionable that manufacturers offer new and better products. Don't want 'em? Don't buy 'em.
😁…..i am all for it but not every six months,1000 bucks for drone,six months later same drone is out but with much better camera and new name ,same price ,well i would be pissed

Not sure BUT I hear the MINI 6 will have plasma jets and do your taxes.

And in the interest of the environment it will be all-electric.

And fully charge in 3 seconds from a Tesla supercharger.

Cue the boilerplate "greedy, sneaky DJI" post from someone. Wait for it...

😁😁

I watched a couple of them and would have to agree - they weren't leaks as much as wishlists and/or speculation on what MIGHT be on a mini 5. Nothing of any real value - and if they turn out to be correct, nothing that would prompt me to want to upgrade to a mini 5.

Yeah, the Mini 4 Pro has taken features to the max for me, with 360 OA, although I rarely depend on it, just for the occasional use of automated features like quick/master shots and Focustrack. On-board waypoints, and a few other things from the bigger Air and Mavic cousins, I can't think of anything they might add/change in a 5 that would get me to pull the trigger, save one...

A significantly better camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy