DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More Confused Than Ever..Help

I read the thread title "more confused than ever"....and was thinking that was me after the latest conversation with my wife

Try chatting with her about the fine details of DJI drone features... 😁

Jeez Louise, no question some of you need more alcohol in your cocktail hour! Chill, life is short!
NOW, I AM REALLY MORE CONFUSED THAN EVER

At 85 I need a new toy! Thought a drone would scratch the itch. Something I could launch off the deck during cocktail hour and check out our food plots all less than a mile away. Would be nice to take stills and video, I am not even a good amateur photographer. I have been lurking and asking questions for 6 months and all I know for sure is that I want a RC controller. Mini-pro4 has been at the top of my list (like the avoidance), then a Air2s, then somebody suggested a rank amateur like me should just get a used Mini 2 or 3 and play with it. At my age I am frugal, hell cheap! Please help me.
Get the Mini 4 Pro, then skip DJI's Insurance called "Care refresh" and use your car insurance company to buy Personal Property Insurance on the drone. Save the receipt and serial number/ You will need to submit those to the insurance company.

DJI care refresh costs 200-300 dollars (for 2-3 years) , while personal property insurance costs 50-70 dollars per year.

Reactions: Dbez1
Get the Mini 4 Pro, then skip DJI's Insurance called "Care refresh" and use your car insurance company to buy Personal Property Insurance on the drone. Save the receipt and serial number/ You will need to submit those to the insurance company.

DJI care refresh costs 200-300 dollars (for 2-3 years) , while personal property insurance costs 50-70 dollars per year.
That's is absolutely not true....it is 79 dollars for 1 year and 125 dollars for 2 years ...does auto insurance cover a drone if it flies away or you crash it?

That's is absolutely not true....it is 79 dollars for 1 year and 125 dollars for 2 years ...does auto insurance cover a drone if it flies away or you crash it?

Further, the lesser hassle of Care Refresh has value to some. That's me.

I've used CR for various models over the last decade, maybe 4 times. The process was easy, hassle-free, and fast. I loathe involving a third party in things like this if I can avoid it.

DJI fixed the solar burn-in on my Goggles v2, completely my stupid, negligent fault, free of charge, even though they weren't covered. I wonder if my CR on the DJI FPV played any role.

So, that's my perspective, and the rather small premium for CR over using our Homeowners policy is more than worth the convenience, to me.

YMMV.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
In PA, where I live, I pay $45 year with State Farm. However, you must be flying purely for entertainment purposes no matter what your certification. This probably won’t matter to the OP. On the positive side of things, you don’t need to produce the drone and there’s no deductible. It may be overkill, but I carry DJI and State Farm because I don’t want to take a chance on losing the SF policy in case of a claim. 🤷🏻‍♂️

In PA, where I live, I pay $45 year with State Farm. However, you must be flying purely for entertainment purposes no matter what your certification. This probably won’t matter to the OP. On the positive side of things, you don’t need to produce the drone and there’s no deductible. It may be overkill, but I carry DJI and State Farm because I don’t want to take a chance on losing the SF policy in case of a claim. 🤷🏻‍♂️
So, what does State Farm actually cover?

I took out an accidental loss policy for my Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro with State Farm. Replacement value of a Mavic 3 Pro + battery of $2200. And replacement value of Mini 3 + battery of $700.

the policy cost $60/year and would still cost the same if the replacement values, combined, were under $5000. The policy covered damage and loss from fly-away. No deductible.

now, I've been insuring with State Farm for 50 years. We have had a Car, Van, and Pickup for 30 years; plus an RV, and a homeowners for 35 years too. State Farm, for me at least, has always been easy to work with on any claim

Reactions: Dbez1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arm1