DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Control - creaking on left hand side diagonally bottom left of RTH button

MM2

Reactions
Hi all, just got my Mini 2 out of the box and notice a strange creaking noise when pressing on left hand side of the controller. Not sure if normal and if anybody else's does this too. It is sort of right in the middle, diagonally from the bottom left of the RTH button, and when you press on that part with a little force, it just feels like there is an unusual amount of give on that part of the remote, making a sort of creaking sound and it also actually triggers the RTH button (in that you hear the sound of the button when not actually pressing a button). I checked the demo controller out at the DJI store and it also does the same creaking noise/triggers RTH button press sound. The salesperson was stumped and didn't know why this happens.

Last edited:
Nothing like that with mine. I have been using it quite a lot and I worked my whole life outside, giving me very strong hands. I often bend or weaken things without realizing it. Sometimes, in plastic molding, there are thin spots caused by the manufacturing process. The week point will undoubtedly cause more problems in the future.
There is an issue with your controller so I would suggest contacting/returning to DJI.

Return it if you can.

Reactions: NG Wildman

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark