DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling to Rome.

vinhidalgo

Reactions
Hello guys,

Is it possible to get my Mavic Pro or Air into Rome? Is it possible to fly over there? I would like to know because I will travel next April 5th for 5 days, and would like to capture some footage but not sure if it’s a bad idea to take it with me.

Thank you!!

It would be unwise to attempt to use it near the well known sites.
They aren't going to stop you carrying it.
There has been a thread on here about someone getting detained for flying in Rome.
If you are only in the city I'd save the space for another camera.

Reactions: vinhidalgo
I went to Rome a few months ago and had no problems travelling with my Mavic. No questions at all from airport staff in or out of Rome.
BUT good luck finding somewhere to fly while in the city. They are strict about drones and I decided it wasn't worth the risk.
The mavic ended up just being extra weight the whole time.

Reactions: vinhidalgo
All the area in Rome in NFZ .... but you can fly in the countryside ..... there are lots of things to discover ;)

Attachments

• Roma-parco_degli_acquedotti03.jpg
    Roma-parco_degli_acquedotti03.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: joejaxvic123
I would definately bring my drone with me.
Normally you should have nice Weather at this Time of the year.
Several places outside are worth shooting nice footage.

Luckily also laws for drones are a Bit less restrictive than before.

You Need an insurance covering 750 T€

Starting/Landing only in areas w/o houses

As private pilot: Max height 70m and distance within a 200m Radius around yourself (less than LOS)

No flying at beaches with People bathing

What insurance exactly? Is that necessary for all drones? (Mavic air / pro / phantom)

A drone liability insurance covering at least 750 K€ is necessary for all types of drones even if you fly for non commercial reasons.

For details and updates i recommend this website: Drohnen-Gesetze in Italien - aktuelle Infos und Erfahrungen
(Please be aware that it is written in german and has to be translated into english first)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark