DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two drones stolen out of my jeep!

File a report with your local police department. Call your insurance company if your drones were covered under your insurance.

We called the police right away. Great cop was thorough and walked our neighborhood talking to all neighbors looking for footage. Progressive said they don't cover stolen items out of cars but to call home owners. Last time we did this they dropped us. So trying to figure it out. Thank you :)

Last time we did this they dropped us
Par for the course. A lot of insurance companies seem to only like customers who don't need to use their services..

I understand it isn't always easy to take all your equipment out of the car at the end of day and I often leave three of my drones in the trunk but I only leave it for one night at a time and I won't leave anything if I think someone has seen me load my trunk. I only leave equipment that I can afford to lose which means only the Mavic 3 Pro comes inside. The FPV stuff, oh well.....sorry about your loss. You can also probably report it to stolen to DJI for whatever it's worth.

Friday night I had my back window smashed and my work DJI Mavic 2 Zoom with 4 batteries, light and nd filters stolen. Also my Mavic 3 classic, case, ND Filters which didn't fit, 4 batteries, lume cube light, no controller, stolen. Any tips on what I can do?
My insurance would cover that. Are you insured?

Reactions: sarahb
Yes I normally do every night. I never leave it in there. Got home late with dinner and didn't want to spill it all so I meant to go back and get it all. I was so tired I didn't. I even thought about it but thought since it was locked I was okay. :(. Sadly mistaken.

Yes I normally do every night. I never leave it in there. Got home late with dinner and didn't want to spill it all so I meant to go back and get it all. I was so tired I didn't. I even thought about it but thought since it was locked I was okay. :(. Sadly mistaken.
Sorry for your loss. Two types of people I despise are liers and thieves.

My insurance would cover that. Are you insured?
We have home owners, I am checking into it. My husband said the last time we reported something they cancelled our policy, so we'll see. I had just paid off the Mavic 3 Classic and the Mavic 2 Zoom belonged to my work. I used them both at work Friday night and they were still in my car because I got home so late. Praying these thieves are caught before they cause anyone else this pain and loss.

Reactions: Torque
That is too sad. So sorry to hear.

Sorry about that, hope it works out with insurance. If they have the serial numbers, can DJI lock them remotely?

Get a Harbor Freight or similar driveway monitor and leave the transmitter on or in your vehicle - I put a magnet on mine and stick it on the side when I park on a street. It reaches over 100’ to my bedroom where I get alerted if someone is walking around my truck- put it at chest high to avoid false alarms from cats walking by. I also have put it the bed - it can’t sense movement through windows but if someone gets inside it will.

Perhaps they will scam someone into buying it from them Even though its "Bricked" by your account password and that person may contact you or DJI trying to get it to work. Do you have any info on the Drone or SD card that may help find you?
I hate a thief Hopefully your Homeowners will help you out I have State Farm and they threaten to cancel me if I call and ask for todays date LOL they have increased me before but never cancelled me.

Friday night I had my back window smashed and my work DJI Mavic 2 Zoom with 4 batteries, light and nd filters stolen. Also my Mavic 3 classic, case, ND Filters which didn't fit, 4 batteries, lume cube light, no controller, stolen. Any tips on what I can do?
Also you didn't mention if you had DJI Care Refresh still active, I know these are older drones but it's possible which mean you were probably binded?

At this point, I believe it is o.k. to cry............

Sorry about the robbery. First thing I would think of is to watch e-bay and Facebook Marketplace daily for your drone. If you have neighborhood for-sale board at the supermarket, etc. watch for your drone to appear there too.
I am not sure if DJI will help you, but wouldn't hurt to give them a call with your serial numbers.

Dale

Reactions: johnnyb57
Just a thought from left field....if those drones are RID, you might try checking out a drone tracking app to see if the thieves might be close by flying your drones. From having my item stolen one time, I found out the crooks were actually on my street.

Sorry to hear about this. Over here, we have a lot of what is termed ‘opportunistic’ crime - not specifically after your drones, they just happened to be the property stolen. Do you have much of that in your area? I’d hate to think that you were targeted just for the drones. Hope your situation gets resolved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan