DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two drones stolen out of my jeep!

Sorry to hear about this. Over here, we have a lot of what is termed ‘opportunistic’ crime - not specifically after your drones, they just happened to be the property stolen. Do you have much of that in your area? I’d hate to think that you were targeted just for the drones. Hope your situation gets resolved.
Do you have a photo of the Mavic 2 Zoom, which, possibly might have some unique identification such as color, label, a scratch or some damage mark? That would give us something else to look for when we go to e-bay for other items.

Dale
Miami

Sorry to hear that. Some thief will get his in the next life. Hope you get some kind of good karma for going through that.

I know this doesn't help you right now, but one item I have in each of my drone cases is an Apple Air Tag. I will make it my lifes mission to get my gear back if somebody should be so bold with me.IMG_0494.png

Reactions: DoomMeister
I know this doesn't help you right now, but one item I have in each of my drone cases is an Apple Air Tag
That's a good idea -- even more so if the case has a place to conceal the tag.

We called the police right away. Great cop was thorough and walked our neighborhood talking to all neighbors looking for footage. Progressive said they don't cover stolen items out of cars but to call home owners. Last time we did this they dropped us. So trying to figure it out. Thank you :)
Wow sorry to hear it. Good luck with getting them back.
But yeah, about your insurance, there’s nothing like paying your dues every month and when you really NEED it, they turn their back on you ! Happened to me before too.

Friday night I had my back window smashed and my work DJI Mavic 2 Zoom with 4 batteries, light and nd filters stolen. Also my Mavic 3 classic, case, ND Filters which didn't fit, 4 batteries, lume cube light, no controller, stolen. Any tips on what I can do?
Call your insurance company if your drones were covered under your insurance.

Last edited:
At times, I believe that there are some advantages to be had, when one lives in a high-crime city as I do. This may sound odd to say...of course the huge disadvantage is the crime...but an advantage is that one learns, through necessity or the school of hard knocks, to be extremely careful about what one leaves in a vehicle. Not just what one leaves there overnight, but even for 5 minutes while hopping out of the car to buy a couple groceries in the store. I've had things stolen out of my vehicle when I was away from it for less than 5 minutes.
It's common knowledge in my area that you NEVER leave anything of value, visible in any way in a vehicle. Not everyone has learned this, sad to say -- there are still people with their heads very deep in the sand, who seem surprised that in a city with one of the highest car burglary rates in the nation (among the top 10 cities for highest car burglary rates)...."Wow, someone broke into my car. I never expected that!" Really? :rolleyes: Get your head out of your....

So, in such a setting, many have learned not to leave valuables for 5 minutes in mid-day. And that it's best to never leave items of value in the vehicle overnight, even if they are not visible. In my city, people in the midst of moving from one location to another, have awakened in the morning to find that the U-Haul they were filling up with their belongings, has been completely emptied, or has just disappeared.

Of course it is a hassle to have to live like this, having to be hypervigilant. In a better world, this wouldn't be necessary. But -- sigh -- it does seem to be good training for the world we inhabit at present.

I do hope you are able to track down your drones if they are being sold on EBay, Facebook, or in a local pawn shop or flea market.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan