DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Video Warbles

Reactions
Site
wavepilot.com
Has anyone experienced video warble on their Air 2S videos? Please see the clip below for an example. I shot 6 clips during this flight that turned out perfect, and then the 7th and subsequent 3 clips produced the warble you see on the example. I've never experienced this before, so I appreciate any input you might offer. FYI, shooting 1080, 30fps, H.265 as previously with no problems. And the SD card captured the first 6 clips just fine. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

I have seen the jello effect in drone videos a few times but never in a a DJI drone. The issue was usually related to the gimbal assembly. Take a close look at the gimbal assembly; inspect the rubber dampeners for damage/debris, check gimbal mounting screws for tightness. Then calibrate the gimbal and see if that fixes the issue.

Jello effect can also be caused by out of balance aircraft. I have seen that once. Check props for damage, motors for smooth rotation, and remove any external payload items (lights, etc.). Then do a test flight and see if that works.

You can also upload your flight logs to Airdata and see if anything looks weird in there.

Hope this helps. I'm interested to see what you find out. I have just under 300 flight hours on the Air2s and have never had this particular issue.

Reactions: Cafguy
Has anyone experienced video warble on their Air 2S videos? Please see the clip below for an example. I shot 6 clips during this flight that turned out perfect, and then the 7th and subsequent 3 clips produced the warble you see on the example. I've never experienced this before, so I appreciate any input you might offer. FYI, shooting 1080, 30fps, H.265 as previously with no problems. And the SD card captured the first 6 clips just fine. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

I believe the effect is called "Jello" and if you Google that term, there is a lot of information. Here is a typical video that I found while looking this up

Dale
Miami

I have the exact same problem after a tree jumped in front of my Air 2. On occasion I would also get a gimbal stuck message. My Air 2 flew just fine and would take pictures but on occasions the jello effect would return. I attempted to have it repaired but the cost estimate was around $600. I was able to get an Air 2S for $700 so I never got the Air 2 repaired. Now a year later, I mostly fly my Air 2S. The Air 2 is doing better maybe the tree debris fell out.

I have seen the jello effect in drone videos a few times but never in a a DJI drone. The issue was usually related to the gimbal assembly. Take a close look at the gimbal assembly; inspect the rubber dampeners for damage/debris, check gimbal mounting screws for tightness. Then calibrate the gimbal and see if that fixes the issue.

Jello effect can also be caused by out of balance aircraft. I have seen that once. Check props for damage, motors for smooth rotation, and remove any external payload items (lights, etc.). Then do a test flight and see if that works.

You can also upload your flight logs to Airdata and see if anything looks weird in there.

Hope this helps. I'm interested to see what you find out. I have just under 300 flight hours on the Air2s and have never had this particular issue.
Thanks, wisefish. I tried all of your suggestions except the Airdata analysis to no avail. DJI walked me through pretty much the same exercises before having me send it in for their inspection and repair. I will report back here what they find.

I have the exact same problem after a tree jumped in front of my Air 2. On occasion I would also get a gimbal stuck message. My Air 2 flew just fine and would take pictures but on occasions the jello effect would return. I attempted to have it repaired but the cost estimate was around $600. I was able to get an Air 2S for $700 so I never got the Air 2 repaired. Now a year later, I mostly fly my Air 2S. The Air 2 is doing better maybe the tree debris fell out.
Thanks, Casey K. I can understand the issue because of the tree encounter. What's peculiar in my case is that there was no collision or abrupt maneuvering preceding the glitch mid-flight. I will report back here what the DJI shop finds to be the issue.

I had similar issue with pictures and video and the issue was the gimbal motors between 30-70. The motors were starting to fail so were vibrating/buzzing until gimbal was in a position it didn’t making images have distortion / jello

Put the drone on level service and move gimbal fully up and down and listen if the gimbal motors start buzzing and see if it’s the same issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre