DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot get Litchi waypoints 'cable cam' to work on my Mini 2

EddyK

Reactions
When I had a Mavic Pro, I used to do a technique with Litchi called 'cable cam' (you can see tutorials for it on Youtube). The idea is that you set up a Waypoints mission, then in Mission Settings you set the cruising speed at zero and the maximum speed at whatever you like. This means that during the mission, the drone will only move when you push the stick forward. It's a great way of flying a mission where the altitude is low and there is the possibility of colliding with an obstacle - as soon as you think you might bump into something, you release the stick and you're safe.

That worked fine with the Mavic Pro (which unfortunately I no longer have), and I naturally expected it to work with my Mini 2. But I tried it, and when I push the stick forward, nothing happens - the drone just stays still. Cable cam is such a useful feature, I can't believe that Litchi isn't allowing it for the Mini 2. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong here?

When I had a Mavic Pro, I used to do a technique with Litchi called 'cable cam' (you can see tutorials for it on Youtube). The idea is that you set up a Waypoints mission, then in Mission Settings you set the cruising speed at zero and the maximum speed at whatever you like. This means that during the mission, the drone will only move when you push the stick forward. It's a great way of flying a mission where the altitude is low and there is the possibility of colliding with an obstacle - as soon as you think you might bump into something, you release the stick and you're safe.

That worked fine with the Mavic Pro (which unfortunately I no longer have), and I naturally expected it to work with my Mini 2. But I tried it, and when I push the stick forward, nothing happens - the drone just stays still. Cable cam is such a useful feature, I can't believe that Litchi isn't allowing it for the Mini 2. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong here?
i've gotta say thanks for explaining how to use cable cam. ive been trying to figure out how to use it on my mavic 2.

Does that mean that if you use a drone that doesn't use the Fly app, you can still use Cable Cam? I'm asking because I like this feature so much that I'd consider buying an earlier drone secondhand in order to use it, but I'm not sure which models don't use the Fly app. I've been to DJI's website but I'm afraid I find it a bit confusing.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can tell me the latest drone that can still do Cable Cam, if there are still any that do.

Litchi compatible drones that support manual speed override are:
-All Phantom 3 & 4 versions
-DJI Mavic Pro (2016-10)
-DJI Spark (2017-05)
-DJI Mavic Air (2018-01)
-DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom (2018-08)

Reactions: DJ Wes
Does that mean that if you use a drone that doesn't use the Fly app, you can still use Cable Cam? I'm asking because I like this feature so much that I'd consider buying an earlier drone secondhand in order to use it, but I'm not sure which models don't use the Fly app. I've been to DJI's website but I'm afraid I find it a bit confusing.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can tell me the latest drone that can still do Cable Cam, if there are still any that do.
Im planning I'm running a test flight today, I'll let you know how it goes but I would recommend a mavic 2 if it works.

Thank you everyone for all your good advice. It's a bit puzzling that DJI don't allow Cable Cam on all their drones, as it's one of the most useful features there is.

Thank you everyone for all your good advice. It's a bit puzzling that DJI don't allow Cable Cam on all their drones, as it's one of the most useful features there is.
this feature is only available through litchi. DJI didn't put such a feature in any drone beside the inspire 3.

Original poster here. I'm really sorry to drag the thread out like this, but I'm a bit confused about the advice here, so I'd just like to ask:

1) If I bought a second-hand Mavic Pro 2, would I be able to fly it on Cable Cam in Litchi Waypoints?

2) If I can, is that because the Mavic Pro 2 doesn't use the DJI Fly app?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111