DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 The Abandoned and crumbling Byron Hot Springs Hotel

Evmoius

Reactions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This was a really fun shoot. The property is nestled away in the foothills of Mt. Diablo near the tiny town of Byron. Once a hotspot for the rich and famous, It's now an abandoned shell with only hints to it's former beauty.

Due to it's close proximity to the small Byron Airport, I had to do some research to make sure I could even fly here at all. After confirming it was located in class G airspace and did not have a tower, I was GTG. The Air Aware app also gave me a green light. Regardless, my spotter and I both kept our ears open for sounds of incoming traffic and I never exceeded 150ft just to be on the safe side. Not a single plane took off or landed in the 45 minutes we were there.

Awesome!

Yeah that elevator set up looks legit ! Makes you wonder why places like this fall into disrepair and are abandoned. Good video.

Reactions: Evmoius
Yeah that elevator set up looks legit ! Makes you wonder why places like this fall into disrepair and are abandoned. Good video.
Thank you! I think a fire damaged it and it was abandoned.

Reactions: KBF
Nice video and music to boot.
The place was really stripped, including the roof units.
I like tours of abandoned buildings, you did this one justice.

Nice video and music to boot.
The place was really stripped, including the roof units.
I like tours of abandoned buildings, you did this one justice.
Thank you very much! Yeah this was a real gem. I have a friend who's been researching this place as a hobby for years now. I'd like to do a more informative video collaboration with voice overs and such but just don't have the time right for something that involved.

This was a really fun shoot. The property is nestled away in the foothills of Mt. Diablo near the tiny town of Byron. Once a hotspot for the rich and famous, It's now an abandoned shell with only hints to it's former beauty.

Due to it's close proximity to the small Byron Airport, I had to do some research to make sure I could even fly here at all. After confirming it was located in class G airspace and did not have a tower, I was GTG. The Air Aware app also gave me a green light. Regardless, my spotter and I both kept our ears open for sounds of incoming traffic and I never exceeded 150ft just to be on the safe side. Not a single plane took off or landed in the 45 minutes we were there.
Apparently 2 buildings have burned there before this one was erected. Legend says this building is haunted.

There is a new owner of this place and he plan to turn the property into a public place.

To learn more about the place...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rider Venky