DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

0800 phone-free flight w/Goggles

Pathogen

Reactions
As I have read that operators who do not connect their phone to remote and therefore do not use DJI GO 4 app, have newly implemented flight range restrictions. My hope is that these restrictions are lifted when using DJI Goggles, because my phone is too slow for the live video stream, and I don't want to have to use it just to lift restrictions while using DJI Goggles. For me, my next purchase will be EITHER a proper phone OR the goggles.

Perhaps someone who has Mavic and Goggles (upgraded with 0800 firmware) can do a test flight to see if phone-free operation is crippled?

Pretty sure conencting the goggles counts as connecting an app (it is after all a version of the app running on them).

It would make sense since the NFZ list is already in the drone but how does DJI then implement the NFZ updates?

Rob

It is an interesting question you ask. At first I lost hope, but then realized that I always fly with my phone in airplane mode anyways, which begs the very same question you asked. The plot thickens.

Correct.. you'll have to at least get a phone talking to the Mavic to lift restrictions. Once you do, you can disconnect the phone and fly with RC and Goggles.

When flying only with RC and Goggles the recording Date and Time stamps are wrong in SD card of the Mavic.
If I put the phone and DJI GO 4 and use the Goggles, then date and time go right in Mavic's SD card, why?

Can imagine neither the Mavic nor goggles have a real-time clock, and they rely on syncing to the phone's clock.

Current version does not let you fly beyond a few dozen meters from you without a phone installed anyway. Probably because some settings you should verify every time you fly can only be accessed from a phone.

Current version does not let you fly beyond a few dozen meters from you without a phone installed anyway. Probably because some settings you should verify every time you fly can only be accessed from a phone.
Yes, I noticed it too. Only 30 m altitude and about 100 m distance is allowed without the phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob@max