DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

0900 to 0800 to 0700 ?

wonkamavic

Reactions
I have a brand new mavic sitting on the table in front of me ( my replacement for the mavic i bought a week and a half ago with a gimble problem ) and i know when i boot it up, its going to force me to upgrade the firmware to 0900.
Is there a way to get back to 0700 ? Im pretty sure you can use the dji app to downgrade to 0800. wondering if i can get back to 0700 from 0800.
Anyone know ?

I believe DJI removed 0700 as an option to go back to - so no I don't think you could change back. Are you sure it would force you to upgrade? I know it would attempt to get you to do it but thought you can still ignore. Also what about starting up in airplane mode to avoid prompts?

I have a brand new mavic sitting on the table in front of me ( my replacement for the mavic i bought a week and a half ago with a gimble problem ) and i know when i boot it up, its going to force me to upgrade the firmware to 0900.
Is there a way to get back to 0700 ? Im pretty sure you can use the dji app to downgrade to 0800. wondering if i can get back to 0700 from 0800.
Anyone know ?
Use Android, install the Dji Go app version 4.0.6 (currently still the best release) and no forced updates, if on IOS there are tutorials around on how to downgrade an app without jailbreaking

I believe DJI removed 0700 as an option to go back to - so no I don't think you could change back. Are you sure it would force you to upgrade? I know it would attempt to get you to do it but thought you can still ignore. Also what about starting up in airplane mode to avoid prompts?

the first mavic forced the upgrade but said you could go back to 0800 via the app.
im too new to mavic / dji / drones to know what you mean by starting up in the airplane mode
this is my 1st drone

Use Android, install the Dji Go app version 4.0.6 (currently still the best release) and no forced updates, if on IOS there are tutorials around on how to downgrade an app without jailbreaking

IOS- bought new ipad mini 4 just for the mavic

if on IOS there are tutorials around on how to downgrade an app without jailbreaking

im pretty sure i know the vid you are talking about by " un-named person because not supposed to say his name here" .
It by no means a simple process. and i see people reporting that is not working anymore.
Im less than 2 weeks into DJI products and im already SICK AND TIRED of their control methods of something i paid for.

Reactions: whichwayisup
Why are you so concerned about being on the latest versions of everything? There are many people, myself included, that are running the most up to date versions with no problems. Having said that I think you can stay on version 0700 if you want to.

the first mavic forced the upgrade but said you could go back to 0800 via the app.
im too new to mavic / dji / drones to know what you mean by starting up in the airplane mode
this is my 1st drone

Airplane mode is the setting on your phone that prevents internet access and also disables calls.

Reactions: Knuckles
Im less than 2 weeks into DJI products and im already SICK AND TIRED of their control methods of something i paid for.
Welcome to the Big Brother century inaugurated with 9/11 where all your constitutional rights are gone unless you do something to react!

By the way the video having to do with changing IOS versions of the GO4 app is still there if you need to take that route, but again not sure that you would need to.

What is pissing me off is that latest firmware updates are ONLY focused on preventing the hacking, no matter what it costs and how many problems causes.
DJI Is Locking Down Its Drones Against a Growing Army of DIY Hackers
It looks like i have a thousand dollar paper weight which sucks. I regret buying this product I told my family and friends to stay away from dji because of it. It's not fair to us as consumers. I wish I knew this before I purchased the mavic but now I can warn the people I care about.

It looks like i have a thousand dollar paper weight which sucks. I regret buying this product I told my family and friends to stay away from dji because of it. It's not fair to us as consumers. I wish I knew this before I purchased the mavic but now I can warn the people I care about.

4 friends have gone other route instead of DJI.

Anyone have an old DJI assistant file saved with .700?? Any way to get this file?? As most now know, Assistant only has .800 & .900 now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111