DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

16:9 - 4:3 Issue

JLB768

Reactions
Having a small issue, more of an annoyance than anything, because I can't figure it out. I have my Mavic Pro set on 16:9, 4K: 3840×2160@30, MP4. The TV I am using to view my videos is a Sharp Aquos 70" 3D Smart TV. Problem is, even though I shoot in 16:9@3840×2160/30P, my videos are shown crushed into 4:3 on the TV. On my laptop, they show in 16:9, as they should. If I hook the laptop up to the TV through an HDMI, it shows on the TV in 16:9. If I plug the micro sd directly into the TV, or view on TV via my TV/laptop home network...4:3. How can I get my videos to show in 16:9 on the TV directly from the micro sd?

Only aspect ratio options I have while playing on the TV, is original, or auto. In auto, the picture is 4:3 (crushed looking). In original, the picture is still in 4:3, but much smaller. In original, the picture on my 70" screen drops to about a 20" x 20" picture right in the middle of the screen. Ordinarily, I have several options for view mode(dot by dot-zoom-etc. But when viewing videos I take on the Mavic, those options aren't there to change.

Upload to vimeo and play via that. Its free and saves you using memory cards. Also means you can play anywhere else too. It stores 4k. Plus give friends a link

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctiptonk