DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 questions for a prospective Mavik buyer

BerndM

Reactions
Hey guys & gals
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Mavik Combo package but there are 2 questions that so far I haven't found the answers to.
1) With the Combo package, are there 2 ADDITIONAL batteries for a total of 3?
2) Can I use my 3 computerized Lipo chargers to charge the batteries using a plug adapter?

Sorry if these have been answered before, but I couldn't find them.
Thanks
Bernd

Hey guys & gals
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Mavik Combo package but there are 2 questions that so far I haven't found the answers to.
2) Can I use my 3 computerized Lipo chargers to charge the batteries using a plug adapter?

Thanks
Bernd

I can answer #1. There are 3 batteries total in the "fly more" package [emoji403]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'll answer #2...I'm assuming you talking about the type of charger that's used for 3s/4s quad racers. If so, the answer is no and if you could there would be no need. DJI batteries have built-in intelligence, unlike the LIPO cells that we use for quad racing. You can run DJI batteries below 20% without harm.

image.jpeg To:

1) correct

2) no reason to use your own chargers and I would not recommend it. The Combo supplies an adapter with the charger to connect up to 4 batteries but they are charged one after the other.

Reactions: mrndly
The Fly More comes with a hub that allows you to charge up to 4 batteries at once. I believe it does it sequentially rather than all at once. Can someone verify that? I haven't tried it yet.
You can even pick up an extra DJI mains charger for £20 direct from DJI

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

The Fly More comes with a hub that allows you to charge up to 4 batteries at once. I believe it does it sequentially rather than all at once. Can someone verify that? I haven't tried it yet.
You can even pick up an extra DJI mains charger for £20 direct from DJI

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app
It charges then sequentially, not all at once.

My only complaint is they don't provide an easy way to discharge a battery to storage charge without actually running it in the quad or pluggin something in with the included USB adapter in order to drain it.

CORRECT, a total of 3 batteries are included in the Fly More Combos.

NO, DJI smart batteries must be charged using OEM DJI chargers.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support Team if we can be of any further assistance. Enjoy your Mavic!

It charges then sequentially, not all at once.

My only complaint is they don't provide an easy way to discharge a battery to storage charge without actually running it in the quad or pluggin something in with the included USB adapter in order to drain it.

It will discharge itself down to 65% after 10days(configurable)

Reactions: Ty
Thank you all for the excellent replies.
I really like the automated self discharge to storage feature but most likely I would just fly it for 10 minutes to draw the voltage down..
I am now perilously close to clicking the "Buy" button
:eek:

It will discharge itself down to 65% after 10days(configurable)
I have heard that but when you need to travel you may not have 10 days to wait for the batteries to drain to an acceptable level for safety on a plane. I have heard that making them drain quicker is not good either or you continue putting unnecessary cycles on the battery. I would like the ability to drain a battery to storage charge (from full or whatever level it may be at) within a couple of hours which is possible with the charger I have and other batteries.

I would imagine that if you had the correct plug to plug into the battery with the proper value ceramic resistor between the 2 wires you would get a gentle discharge and the battery would be none the wiser, UNLESS the sneaky battery "talks" to the Mavik's controller in some devious handshake arrangement.

Set your batteries to discharge after however many days you want. I have mine discharging after 5 days..

Hey guys & gals

Thanks
Bernd
MaviCBernd

Reactions: vashon100
Where is that discharge action completed, in the app??

Check in the battery icon in the app. I don't have my drone at the moment so I can't hook up and get the steps for you. But I can tell you that you will need to do this for each battery.

I tried looking on YouTube for a video but I couldn't find one.

Hopefully someone can chime in and get you the steps!

Check in the battery icon in the app. I don't have my drone at the moment so I can't hook up and get the steps for you. But I can tell you that you will need to do this for each battery.

I tried looking on YouTube for a video but I couldn't find one.

Hopefully someone can chime in and get you the steps!

APPRECIATE YOUR INFO!!

I would imagine that if you had the correct plug to plug into the battery with the proper value ceramic resistor between the 2 wires you would get a gentle discharge and the battery would be none the wiser, UNLESS the sneaky battery "talks" to the Mavik's controller in some devious handshake arrangement.
The fly more combo comes with a nice adapter that clips onto the battery connector and turns it into a USB power source with 2 ports. So you could use it to charge your phone, tablet or whatever runs off of 5VDC to drain off the battery as well. I have 5 batteries and I use one of them to recharge my tablet and RC at the same time and it only drops the battery about 15-20%. Also, there are aftermarket chargers on the market that folks are reporting good luck with. The isn't much concern since all of the charging control and protection circuitry is onboard the battery itself. So you just need to provide it with a 13.05VDC/ 4.3A source and the battery will take care of the rest. Below is a picture of tone of the more popular chargers you can find on Amazon or eBay etc....it can charge 3 batteries in parallel as well as 2 USB devices such as a phone/tablet and the remote.

Fly More Combo.jpg

415QyKLeUTL.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne