2nd video...

Discussion in 'Photos and Videos' started by boldblue737, Nov 2, 2016.

1. boldblue737

boldblue737 Active Member

2nd edited video...

This time the weather was bad, very gray and dismal and the colors were washed out so I did do some color editing in iMovie. I'm sure I overdid some of the saturations etc. but I like it. Also I took lots of shots where I went from shooting straight down to the ground about 100-200 ft. away to shooting forward several miles and if you forget to refocus the image can be soft. You'll see a mix of sharp and soft shots in this video and every soft shot is a failure of your friendly pilot to click the focus button on the back of the controller, sorry still getting used to remembering to do that. As I showed the other day on my better lit video, this camera IMHO is every bit as sharp as the Phantom 4 when focused properly and in fact can be sharper with closer subjects than the Phantom 4 can be... the problem is that it isn't as user friendly. I wish there was a true autofocus feature that was constantly adjusting focus like many video cameras have. Perhaps with a firmware bump or on the Mavic 2?

Please select 4k if you have a good enough monitor and remember this is compressed YouTube video, the real video out of the camera looks better...

ATXdrone, ThreeGs and dam like this.
  2. dam

dam Well-Known Member

Very nice.. looks great when you have the gimbal point straight down... next time go under the bridge for more cinematic effects.. if ur nerves allow it :)