DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 Panorama: Best way to view on the Goggles ?

Sparcky

Reactions
Hi,

I have created several beautiful 360 Panoramas/Aerials with the Litchi and Autopano.
And they really are stunning on Facebook. (The Mavic camera is really fantastic.)

But is there an easy way to see them on the DJI Goggles ?
Via HDMI and an app ? I really want to use the "motion sensors"in the Goggles.

Otherwise, I am afraid the life of the DJI Goggles in this home will be short or are there any other "Offline" activities/applications which makes it worth keeping ?
(And just watching a movie , is not enough. ;-) ).

Nope. Goggles are a display, not a VR headset.

They're there to give you that superb view while flying, and you can use them as a moonitor to watch movies and stuff but no VR.

Nope. Goggles are a display, not a VR headset.
They're there to give you that superb view while flying, and you can use them as a moonitor to watch movies and stuff but no VR.

I personally think they fail already at "superb view while flying" because they don't have an adjustable dioptre/focus. (I had to "glue" some glasses inside.:( )
And why waste all those "sensors" and touchpad in an offline mode ? It's a missed chance....

I personally think they fail already at "superb view while flying" because they don't have an adjustable dioptre/focus. (I had to "glue" some glasses inside.:( )
And why waste all those "sensors" and touchpad in an offline mode ? It's a missed chance....

Sucks for you I guess.[emoji4]

Reactions: Sparcky
Sucks for you I guess.[emoji4]
Indeed... :( ...
My phantom 3 and Mavic Pro were at their release time close to perfection. (And my Mavic still is. :)Thumbswayup)

But my DJI Goggles and my DJI Spark feel as rushed products, many flaws, not using the hardware to the fullest and at the moment a very limited use-case.
(For the Spark, see the other forum, but I also accept any reasonable offer ;) )

And why waste all those "sensors" and touchpad in an offline mode ?
Because there exists no standard to adhere to or existing things to make use of them without heavy dev and/or a reduction in reliability. Making use of the $5 sensors would probably need $200 added to the price in software dev.

They're a single use device for a reason, so that they always work at doing that. Last thing you want is for the goggles to get the unreliability reputation of android devices with DJI GO.

Reactions: IronHalo and GerdS
In the new releases of DJI Go, says that now, the panorama photos can be exported to Googles 'RE'. It's possible that DJI has only implemented this option for the 'RE' version of the googles? I can believe it.

Initially yes, but the "old" goggles received an update for it 2 weeks ago.
Yes, I have installed the latest updates on all devices. But I have not managed to see the panoramas made with the mavic in my googles.

Also the information of the new version of DJI go says ....

Vv0zprr.png

Look around a bit, there are posts with instructions on how to get the pano onto the goggles, which is apparently way less straightforward than it seems/should be.

Look around a bit, there are posts with instructions on how to get the pano onto the goggles, which is apparently way less straightforward than it seems/should be.
I have find instructions on this forum, but always talk about Googles RE posts!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming