DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D mapping app compatible with smart controller

Hello all, I have a mavik air 2 and smart controller. Im having a difficult time finding a mapping application that works with the smart controller. Does anyone know a mapping app that can use?
I have the Mavic 2 Zoom with the Smart Controller and Litchi works perfectly on the Smart Controller. I have flown many waypoint missions but have not done any "mapping" at all. However, I don't see why you couldn't create a waypoint mission to do that fairly easily. There are many public missions that are available to adapt to your situation. Otherwise to make a waypoint mission to fly to a certain position, set camera at 90-degrees, take photo, then fly to the next waypoint and repeat as many times as needed. Set the end of mission to RTH, and it should be good to go.
I have heard Drone Deploy will work, but have no experience with it.

Litchi can be downloaded from the Amazon Appstore on the Smart Controller ($25).

I'll also give a nod to DroneLink.

You'll also need to consider what photogrammetry software you use to process the many images you'll gather with the mapping app. The image processing is the most computer-intensive part of the process. If you do your own processing, you will need a beast of a computer... fast, multi-core, multi-thread processor, and LOTS of RAM. My setup has a Ryzen 7, 8-core processor, 96GB of RAM, and takes about two hours to generate an orthophoto from 750 overlapping, 14MB Jpeg photos, using the free OpenDroneMap application.

You can also find services online that will process the mapping photos for you. For a one-off project, you might be able to get it done for free (or nearly so) using a demo or trial version of the photogrammetry software.

Would any of these programs be simialr to Drone Deploy...I know the smart controller isnt compatible with it right now, but really enjoy using it with my other drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inecho