DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D Photogrammetry with Metashape

@JAMBCA if I take additional images (manual flight) does the software know how/where to place them or so I have to do something "special" to the software knows how/where to add the "different" images? I'm talking about images taken from the drone but taken during manual flight and from various camera angles etc.
Yes. Each photo has what's known as Exif data, which includes the Location data from the drones GPS receiver; same with any smart phone photo.

However, the accuracy is better when, for example, all photos taken during a single flight. If you land, change batteries, and collect more photos, they might not accurately line up because the GPS receiver is accurate within a certain precision.

Professionals will use items called Ground Control Points and Markers to line up all images. You can also manually line up image points, its not that difficult, lot of youtube videos out there. You can also add seperate chunks to each workspace and toggle around your datasets.

Heres a good tutorial and explanation

You can buy GCPs on amazon/ebay for less than $100.

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07
Works for all drones. I used 137 photos and took about 20 minutes to process in Metashape. Very powerful software, will be posting more ways to use it. This is a quick entry into the 3D photogrammetry game.

@JAMBCA the link to your video is broken. Can you provide a working link? It is a GREAT video.

Allen

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147