DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd party filters.

No issues at all on calibration. I leave the ND 16 on all the time at the moment with this amazing spell of sunny weather!

HAH! Speak for yourself, liquid sunshine up here on the west coast of Scotland!

Any tips on taking them off easily? I went to take off a filter and pretty much destroyed my fingers trying to get it off. Polar Pro vivid collection, btw
When I tried to take mine off I honestly thought I was going to break the camera maybe as they get used they will get easier to take on and off I'm really only using the CPL for everyday photo taking

When I tried to take mine off I honestly thought I was going to break the camera maybe as they get used they will get easier to take on and off I'm really only using the CPL for everyday photo taking

Same-O here. I thought manhandling the camera that way, I expected to get a gimbal error upon my next startup.

Well, I have just been sent a refund for these filters, anyone want them?

Got a PGYTECH Polariser on order, as for t'others .. dunno yet, might take a punt on those new neewer or the Y&C ones.

Reactions: M4RK
Why do u remove them after each flight.... I use Freewell filters and I leave a ND8 on the drone permanently. Only remove it if I need to fly late afternoon or early morning at sunrise... ?!?

I have a set of the new design neweer filter, absolute bargin at 25 for a set of 4. Calibration while on is no problem.

As for picture quality, seems okay for me. Here's a film I made using the 32 Nd

I am planning to buy 3 filters DJI Mavic - Shutter Collection - PolarPro ND 8-16-32
Do you think I need ND 4 or with these 3 it s ok? 3 filtres DJI Mavic - Shutter Collection - PolarPro

I currently own the Official DJI 3-pack Nd Filters (ND4, ND8, ND16) & a PGY Tech polarizing ND filter 5-pack (ND4, ND8, ND16, ND32, CPL) and i can honestly tell you that I cant put them all on at once. What im trying to say is any set you get will probably have a ND filter that will fit your needs and ultimately be used if not all the time, then at least the majority of the time due to inconvenient handling of the gimble and filters. So choosing a good quality brand that uses good quality materials will be your biggest dilemma. From my experience, the Official DJI filters work great and clip on and off easily enough but are quite fragile and are prone to break if you have heavy hands or store them roughly. My PGY tech set does the job, has a little more variety, comes in a better secure casing than DJI and seem more durable with an easier to sleep on price tag.

Finally, I am waiting for the arrival of the Polar Pro Cinema 6-Pack Set which includes both the Shutter and Vivid Series. So if you recieve yours beforehand, would love to hear if everything is as good as its been reviewed.

Just my opinion based from my research on the polarpros but you might want to consider biting the bullet and going for the cinema 6-pack to save money and save yourself from regret if you are not satisfied and require the polarized ND filters that vivid series provide.

Nevertheless, safe and happy flying!

I bought the PGYTECH ones. A 4-pack that includes ND4 ND8 ND16 ND32. Only used the ND16 so far, and it worked great. Nice snug fit so zero worries of it falling off while flying, but still easily comes off when you pull it off.

Reactions: FairGunDrone
Has anyone used Y&C?

Yes, ordered in the U.K. from Hobby Mounts.

Y&C Professional UV, CPL, ND Neutral Density Filters for DJI Mavic Pro - 5 Pack
Item Number HB1927

Excellent quality and fit. Mine use German Schott lenses.

Have had no issues at all. Would have liked the option of nd32 and nd64 with the kit.

Flew in South Africa and nd16 not quite dark enough.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan