DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd Party landing gear causes fly away (root cause wrong assembly)

I also have a problem with the thread title. The title doesn't say anything about what you just said. The title says
3rd Party landing gear causes fly away"

Which makes it not so clearly stated that it was installed incorrectly or that it was operator error. Maybe just add on the back "if install incorrectly" of what you have.

He also qualified the root cause of installation, so no issue IMO.

Gees, I hope that this is the most serios problem you guys have!

Is a not 100% accurate title really such an issue? I am not applying for a warranty nor asking for help. Nor am I at an exam. I am also not complaining. I am just trying to share my experience with others so this does not happen to them.

I don't really feel encouraged to do the same in the future.

Do share in the future - everyone learns and is the better for it. If a couple nit pickers PYO it's not so bad. (I'm one of the worst nit pickers here!).

In the end, IMO, you're better with a slab of plywood as a landing pad and don't use the added weight, drag, risk and cost of the add on gear. Better a good landing pad on the ground than landing gear that does nothing for you in flight.

Reactions: neoblitz

Is a not 100% accurate title really such an issue? I am not applying for a warranty nor asking for help. Nor am I at an exam. I am also not complaining. I am just trying to share my experience with others so this does not happen to them.

I'm with you dude! Some people need to get a life.

I also have a problem with the thread title. The title doesn't say anything about what you just said. The title says
3rd Party landing gear causes fly away"

Which makes it not so clearly stated that it was installed incorrectly or that it was operator error. Maybe just add on the back "if install incorrectly" of what you have.
Ok I think he phrased it wrong but I think some of you are taking it to a whole other level. It's really not that big a deal, take it down a notch

Keep posting! I think the title worked well for me. It got me to read it as I just ordered this same landing gear and thought maybe it was a mistake! Now that I read it, I'll make sure to install these properly without covering the sensor. I think people making a big issue out of a title just have nothing better to write or post! You don't like it, just move along. I appreciate your post as this may well have made sure my Mavic comes back to me safely!

Don't worry about those. It's a forum and people tend to get their expectations too high. Which basically means all of us should be pitch perfect. :rolleyes:

keep posting Thumbswayup

Reactions: AlanTheBeast

JensnPS, I'm with you whole heartedly. Thank you for your post. Just ignore the forum police. They clearly cannot help themselves. I was just thinking of ordering some landing gear and appreciate you coming forward with this post. Thank you.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi