DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

400 ft and "Obstacle" shows up in display and won't let me come home...

Were you flying toward the sun? If so, did you try to yaw and/or disable obstacle avoidance (e.g. flip to sport mode) to see if that made a difference?

Was not flying toward the sun....did not put in sport mode. Was trying to do a return to home using the button when it happened...drone just hovered and wouldn't move...

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I've had that happen a few times in the early morning harsh sunlight when approaching in it's direction. I believe it's related to the sensors being blinded/fooled. Just a tip, I was able to get home flying sideways and not directly into the sun. I'm sure I probably could have gotten in to the menus and fiddled with disabling the sensors, but in the heat of the moment it's a bit worrisome when it's far away and way up high!

Reactions: rstrouts
There's a new topic on the official forums reporting a similar issue with the new firmware, several people have posted that they've had trouble with the drone sensing an obstacle and refusing to fly home in situations where it's been fine before. That said there's only been a small number of replies so it's difficult to judge how accurate that is.

As mentioned above, bright sun can cause the avoidance sensors to report there's an obstacle.

Just use the map view; point the AC back towards home; gain a safe altitude; flip to sport mode; fly home fast. If you'd like, u can overfly your home point, turn 180-degrees, and land with the sun to the ACs back.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Not taking off the plastic protective covering does it to...... Not sure how I know that.......:oops:

Reactions: Dogtown
Wonder Woman in her invisible plane was spying on you .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag