DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Keep the phone in Airplane Mode! Even with auto-updates off, it still checks and notifies you of new versions. Every time you open DJl Go4, it triggers an app version check with the Play Store You should also disable notifications for the Play Store app in Android settings. Very odd that this would happen without an active data SIM.
I just delete the app, re-installed 4.1.0. but i have to turn on wifi to sign into DJIgo account. as soon as i do, i get a notification to update to 4.1.18

I just delete the app, re-installed 4.1.0. but i have to turn on wifi to sign into DJIgo account. as soon as i do, i get a notification to update to 4.1.18
You're not in airplane mode, are you...? :confused:

Edit: you haven't disabled notifications for the Play Store app... Have you...?

You're not in airplane mode, are you...? :confused:

Edit: you haven't disabled notifications for the Play Store app... Have you...?
The phone has been in airplane mode since i first turned it on. never have a turned that off.
I turned on wifi just now to sign into my dji account, then right back off.

Im now trying something new, i disabled all notification from the phone settings

EDIT, just flew after deleting and reinstalling the apk. notifications OFF, airplance mode ON, wifi OFF, sim card removed.
This time about 5 minutes into a flight a notification turned up that said "downloading offline maps" it shut the app down. dangit

Last edited:
Reactions: Qoncussion
Ok, one more follow up. Once again, if you are just joining me lol, im running .700 and 4.1.0 on a XT2, in airplane mode, wifi off, and the app is crashing about 5 min into the flight with a update NFZ or update app to 4.1.18 msg.

I just flew again and and the app crashed again. on startup i got a "data update" connect to internet to update your no-fly-zon database" and then during the flight the screen when black, then came back on. i notice my map was blank, just white with a green icon, no roads etc. I zoomed out to find out it thinks im a few miles outside of HONGKONG.
I do have location on... thoughts? the default settings for location is "use GPS and mobile networks" Ifor the next flight i turned it to "ups GPS only"

Wow! I've always been impressed with the Mavic's range, but how did you get to Hong Kong so quickly? Have you considered running a modded version of the Go4 app? I had a few crashes on my XT2, then got a modded version of 4.1.14 ~and the crashes stopped. For those just joining me :rolleyes: I'm also on .0700.

Reactions: Hotelone
Wow! I've always been impressed with the Mavic's range, but how did you get to Hong Kong so quickly? Have you considered running a modded version of the Go4 app? I had a few crashes on my XT2, then got a modded version of 4.1.14 ~and the crashes stopped. For those just joining me :rolleyes: I'm also on .0700.
can you go back from .1000 to .700?

how do I get the version that you're using?
I want whatever version let me fly with no crashes, never makes update, never makes me do anything before flying.

Welcome to the new world friends...app crashing is a thing of the past. Go to the right place and learn. I have to say...this phone is the shizzles.

Reactions: Hotelone
Hi Quad808...... Yes I have pm'd a good few tonight to lead them to the road of enlightenment :)

Hopefully my Wuderphone will be here next week......

Anyone having issues with resolution on the screen? On my newest APK the icons are huge and bocking some info9-162532.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arm1