DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4K Audio?

Steveyg777

Reactions
I regularly extract the app cache from the go app and export my drone video with the audio but i've only done it with 1080p video so far. I recorded 4k the other day and went on the app but couldn't download a mobile version of the video (including audio) to use to export with the drone version later. The app said i can't send 4k video to the app (only 1080P and lower).

It's a shame it can't send a lower quality (1080P) version to the app from the 4k original really. Its also a shame the app can't send the audio to the drones sd card so I've at least got it there when i go to import to my computer.

Anyway my question is:

Can i get the audio for 4k videos I've shot or not?

Only by downloading the cached version from the phone.
Depending on editing software it's not that difficult to combine the audio with the 4K footage in a couple of steps.
It might be easier to separately record audio on your phone or a second device and use that instead.

Reactions: Steveyg777
I import the cached video/audio into Premiere Pro along with the 4K video from the microSD card, delete the low-res cached video and sync the audio with the 4K footage.

Reactions: photoshop67
I import the cached video/audio into Premiere Pro along with the 4K video from the microSD card, delete the low-res cached video and sync the audio with the 4K footage.
Question. There seems to be a slight delay in audio recording on the device. I start video on the drone, and then a second or two (lots of video frames) later the device begins recording audio and video. Any tricks to sync the audio to the high res video recorded from the bird? I'm thinking that they audio and the bird's video end at same time and maybe just move the end of the audio to match the end of the bird's video. Have not had time to experiment with this idea though.

Question. There seems to be a slight delay in audio recording on the device. I start video on the drone, and then a second or two (lots of video frames) later the device begins recording audio and video. Any tricks to sync the audio to the high res video recorded from the bird? I'm thinking that they audio and the bird's video end at same time and maybe just move the end of the audio to match the end of the bird's video. Have not had time to experiment with this idea though.
Knowing in advance that you will be syncing the audio from the device with the video from the Mavic's microSD card - a simple clap of the hands will suffice. The same way that a film clapperboard is used to sync A with V...

Simply launch the Mavic, turn and aim the camera at you, start recording, then clap your hands so that the camera sees and records your hands clapping together... Your phone or tablet will record the sound of your hands clapping. Now you have the perfect visual cue to sync with the audio of your hands clapping. Make sense?

Reactions: Vilco and Mr. Salty
Qoncussion has some good advice. Recording yourself clapping will make syncing the video and audio easier. You can also just manually move the audio track around to get it to where you want it.

But for the most part I've never needed the syncing to be all that precise.

Knowing in advance that you will be syncing the audio from the device with the video from the Mavic's microSD card - a simple clap of the hands will suffice. The same way that a film clapperboard is used to sync A with V...

Simply launch the Mavic, turn and aim the camera at you, start recording, then clap your hands so that the camera sees and records your hands clapping together... Your phone or tablet will record the sound of your hands clapping. Now you have the perfect visual cue to sync with the audio of your hands clapping. Make sense?
Absolutely makes sense. Thanks for the clear explanation.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111