DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

50w Charger?

Dronebow

Reactions
I'm really surprised that the Mavic is shipping with a 50w charger which will mean the battery will take an hour to charge. Has anyone heard whether they are going to come out with a 100w charger? Seems like I have seen an adapter as well for the 100w charger on the Phantom. Will we be able to use a 100w Phantom charger with an adapter to charge these batteries or is that not a good idea??

I didn't see any word about a 100W Mavic battery charger. DJI did suggest that the 100W Phantom 4 battery charger could be used.

I'm making an assumption about what this adapter is in the fly more combo. So I'm not really sure. What is that block above the charging block on the right?
https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Mavic-PR...UTF8&qid=1476811022&sr=8-4&keywords=mavic+pro

That is the standard charging hub that plugs into the existing 50w charger that will allow for 4 batteries to be connected, where they will be charged up from most to least charged (to get you a full batter fastest). It doesnt charge them at the same time, but in sequence. So, if you have 4 batteries, you should always be ready to fly (assuming 1 hours charge cycle for a depleted battery).

Last edited:
That is the standard charging hub that plugs into the existing 50w charger that will allow for 4 batteries to be connected, where they will be charged up from most to least charged (to get you a full batter fastest). It doesnt charge them at the same time, but in sequence. So, if you have 4 batteries, you should always be ready to fly (assuming 1 hours charge cycle for a depleted battery).
No, I'm talking about the item above that charging hub.

I'm really surprised that the Mavic is shipping with a 50w charger which will mean the battery will take an hour to charge. Has anyone heard whether they are going to come out with a 100w charger? Seems like I have seen an adapter as well for the 100w charger on the Phantom. Will we be able to use a 100w Phantom charger with an adapter to charge these batteries or is that not a good idea??
Yes, considering the Mavic packs are capable of charging (and rated) at 2C it seems a massive oversight for DJI not to launch a higher output power supply (which most people call a charger) at the time of launch which would enable users to charge from depleted in around 30 minutes.

Maybe DJI is preventing having to warranty exchange batteries by having everyone charge at a slower rate.

I still have a 100 watt P4 power supply so will get the advanced charging hub when it is available. I hope no one tries to use one with the standard hub as if it worked at all it would damage either the hub or your batteries due to the higher voltage output.

I still have a 100 watt P4 power supply so will get the advanced charging hub when it is available. I hope no one tries to use one with the standard hub as if it worked at all it would damage either the hub or your batteries due to the higher voltage output.
Hmm. Didn't know there was a standard and advanced hub. So you are saying that you can use the P4 100w PS with the advanced hub for the Mavic batteries??

The standard hub is what is currently available on DJI's website (and in the fly more package). The advanced hub has not been released yet.

The standard hub is what is currently available on DJI's website (and in the fly more package). The advanced hub has not been released yet.
Good to know. I'm not impressed with the 50w charger and even less with attaching a hub to that because it's still 50w divided between however many batteries you are charging.

Good to know. I'm not impressed with the 50w charger and even less with attaching a hub to that because it's still 50w divided between however many batteries you are charging.

Not divided. It charges them in order of most charge to least charged. It does not charge them at the same time.

Not divided. It charges them in order of most charge to least charged. It does not charge them at the same time.
Ok, but what I was really aiming at is the time. ie... 3 batteries and each battery takes 60 min so that's still 3 hours to charge all 3. As you stated it will charge most charged to least charged, so that is good. It's still a nice thing to have but I would rather have it charge faster with the higher wattage.

that is why there is the advanced (to be released) that will work with the other 100w charger. And a battery that is 50% depleted is not going to take the full recharge time of one that is 90% depleted.

Reactions: kmaluo
that is why there is the advanced (to be released) that will work with the other 100w charger. And a battery that is 50% depleted is not going to take the full recharge time of one that is 90% depleted.
Ok, so wait on getting a hub.. :) Done!

I use the Phantom battery charging hub when charging my Phantom batteries solely because it's more convenient than watching the charger and swapping out the batteries as they finish charging. So, that's something to consider too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair