DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

a brief A5 pre flight and day before checklist

flight_tee

Reactions
I thought long and hard about adding to an existing topic but noticed that several of them the dropbox links were busted. so here we are starting a new topic

I note in another topic Alans fantastic and extremely detailed checklist and while it is comprehensive, it strikes me as an operations manual. (many thanks Alan)

There are elements that I will be incorporating to my on the ground service to make sure everything stays working however I wanted to develop a quick checklist that acts as a reminder for what we already know and will be followed every time, each time.

No doubt the FAA has some great human factors research on brevity of checklists so the one i've attached is intentionally minimalistic.

I've modelled it on the quick checklist that sits in the dash of every light plane on earth.

I'm going to go to my local officeworks and get it printed out in A5 double sided and laminated so it fits in my mavic box and is with me every flight. Hopefully it will prevent me leaving things like chargers at home on weekends away.

Ive colour coded it in the hope it will be easy to spot the differences - my wife isn't a pilot and won't pick up on the difference between pre operations and pre flight but will be fine if i ask her to do 'the blue checklist' while madly packing for a weekend away :)

Its formatted in A5 ready for double sided printing.

Downloads and feedback most welcome.

Attachments

• Mavic Pro Pre Operations Checklist demo.pdf
    19.4 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: Tinmania
A couple of comments

1. You have "power up remote" before "Power up ipad". I have both Go 4 and DroneHarmony on my phone (I use an Android Samsung S8) and find I need to start the App before powering up the Remote otherwise the wrong App can grab the USB

2. I would include "Check lens/filter for cleanliness" after removing Gimbal protector.

Otherwise very useful. I will edit, print and laminate.

bushie, you can dload this file here making sure to change the extension from .txt to .docx so you cna edit easier should you want.

Attachments

• Mavic Pro Pre Operations Checklist.txt
    16.3 KB · Views: 21
Believe it or not, more than once I've forgotten to extend the antennas on the the remote controller!! :oops:
It's a point I've added to my own checklist.
May be a help to some other pilots.

raptor_zps3zah6ava.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom