DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A couple good hard cases, suggestions please?

Glen e

Reactions
A couple good hard cases OK suggestions please… I have a soft case for $25 off Amazon that works great but for longer trips, who likes the hard cases that they bought? And have you compared them to others? Looking at the pelican right now .......

Geology is a wonderful science, please don't misunderstand. Do you really want to look like a traveling geologist? Hard cases scream "Valuable". MP's are small enough to carry on, so a Lowepro will suffice for the overhead. TeechHisOwn, however.

A hard case was critical for what I do so I went with the Pelican 1400. I can fit the drone, controller, 2 extra batteries, car charger, and spare parts. I know the drone will travel safely inside the pelly!

Reactions: JoJuMe
Last edited:
Reactions: phxphotog
I really like my Nanuk. It's really sturdy and plenty of room. $129 from B&H.

Attachments

• IMG_1252.JPG
    IMG_1252.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1254.JPG
    IMG_1254.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 263
  • IMG_1255.JPG
    IMG_1255.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 247
Reactions: Rbruz
I really like the Go Professional Cases. Had one for my 1st Phantom but sold it along with the bird.

Have their limited edition (5.11) backpack for my Phantom and just bought one for my Mavic. But if I was to get a hard case, I'd just buy Stormcase (or knockoff) that met my storage needs and then buy some Kaizen Foam Kaizen Foam - FastCap - Woodworking Tools and make my own. That way I have the cut outs that I want/need and not what someone thinks I need. The Kaizen foam is much better than that pluck crap, although I hear if you spray some plasti dip on the pluck foam it's a bit better.

Love my Pelican 1400. Perfect fit for everything in the Fly More package, as well as some extra cables and a set of ND filters. Only about $70 on Amazon.

cckfhbp.jpg

Better than any Pelican, that's a bold statement. What is it about the Nanuks that you like better than the Pelicans? I use Pelicans for many applications and have never been let down. I'm interested to hear your perspective.

A couple good hard cases OK suggestions please… I have a soft case for $25 off Amazon that works great but for longer trips, who likes the hard cases that they bought? And have you compared them to others? Looking at the pelican right now .......

I just picked up a fantastic hard case from the local Sam's Club. It's almost identical to the Nanuk that B&H sells, except that it has the pluck foam and not the preformed formed foam insert. And it's only $19.98 plus tax.

They call it the Member's Mark 16" Safety Protective Box. Item number is 483489. Model number is MJ-5018. You can call your local store and give them the Item Number to see if they have it in stock, or you get it off their Website.

It's 15.9" X 12.9" X 6.8" and weighs in at 5.1 Lbs. It's rated at IP55 for dust and water protection, has a formed rubber gasket and an Air Pressure Equalization Valve. And comes in any color you want as long as it's Black. I could drive my Tacoma over it.

I really like my Nanuk. It's really sturdy and plenty of room. $129 from B&H.
I agree on the Nanuk. Very nice. It's not exactly cheap but it is waterproof and would be more than adequate if you were to travel on an airplane with it. Assuming you can afford to vacation after buying the Mavic and everything else you end up wanting after ordering it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using MavicPilots mobile app

I got the Nanak 920 from B&H for $129. I got it because of the fact their cases are used in harsh environments and expeditions around the world. I don't go on worldly expeditions but I do travel my ranch every day and now I carry my Mavic with me everywhere . I throw it in the back of a Polaris Ranger along with cattle feed, tools, chainsaw , etc... If you love your Mavic and need tough protection for it , I highly recommend the Nanak case.

Sent from the "Back 40"

Reactions: Rbruz
Thank you for all the replies. One of the more formative threads recently… I'm looking for something pretty pretty small to just carry two batteries, controller and the bird .:.:.something about 10 x 12 x 6

Keep them coming…

Last edited:
I wanted something a little larger for all my accessories. I asked this question earlier this morning and was given this suggestion. MC-Cases. I checked their website and found the perfect case. It is about 16" X 16" X 8". I wanted something that allowed ALL my cables and accessories. I needed a case deep enough to be able to pack my iPad mini 4 in it as well. This is a German case. That holds up to 9 batteries as well as cords,. Cables. But the case is fairly expensive. I ended up buying the case from the manufactures web site. After the purchase,....I found the same case for a somewhat cheaper case on Amazon. They call it the Mavic Professional case.

Amazon.com : Professional Carrying Case fits for DJI Mavic Pro - Explorer Case Edition - with extensive space for 7 batteries, many accessories, DJI shoulder bag by MC-CASES (Explorer Edition) : Camera & Photo

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Thank you for all the replies. One of the more formative threads recently… I'm looking for something pretty pretty small to just carry two batteries, controller and the bird .:.:.something about 10 x 12 x 6

Keep them coming…
A case that small is not going to be able to easily carry the charger, Hub and ND filters plus spare props.

The Hul case that I recommended is 12.5 x 13 x 5.5
It's about as small as your going to find and still have what you need.

Amazon.com : Aluminum Case Hardshell Strong Box Waterproof for DJI Mavic Pro Handle Bag : Electronics

Scroll down the page and you will see how tightly packed it is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke