DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

a couple of issues on last flights

Jackcutrone

Reactions
I will post them one at a time so the questions/answers don't get lost.

Over the last few flights, initially I am able to take photos, but some period of time after I take off, I can no longer take photos. The ISO, shutter speed, etc shown on the DJI Go App screen at first show values but then disappear and are replaced by "N/A" and at that point I can no longer take photos. Of the last three flights, in only one, the second of three, did I not have that problem. The other two flights after anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes in the air, the camera settings will go to N/A and I can no longer take photos. I tried landing, removing and reinserting the SD card and sometimes it worked initially so I could take photos again but after a few seconds or minutes I can no longer take photos. Sometimes even doing that does not work. When I open the hatch to check whether the SD card appears to be inserted fully with no play and there is a green LED illuminated in the same hatch

The SD card is a SONY 32 GB ultra 90MB/s. It has been working fine and this is the first time I have experienced this issue. The Mavic Pro has never been crashed or dropped.

This happen to anyone else, or any ideas?

I will post them one at a time so the questions/answers don't get lost.

Over the last few flights, initially I am able to take photos, but some period of time after I take off, I can no longer take photos. The ISO, shutter speed, etc shown on the DJI Go App screen at first show values but then disappear and are replaced by "N/A" and at that point I can no longer take photos. Of the last three flights, in only one, the second of three, did I not have that problem. The other two flights after anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes in the air, the camera settings will go to N/A and I can no longer take photos. I tried landing, removing and reinserting the SD card and sometimes it worked initially so I could take photos again but after a few seconds or minutes I can no longer take photos. Sometimes even doing that does not work. When I open the hatch to check whether the SD card appears to be inserted fully with no play and there is a green LED illuminated in the same hatch

The SD card is a SONY 32 GB ultra 90MB/s. It has been working fine and this is the first time I have experienced this issue. The Mavic Pro has never been crashed or dropped.

This happen to anyone else, or any ideas?
Have you tried another SD card? Are you formatting the card within the aircraft?

DJI manual states UHS-I Speed Grade 3 rating which is minimum UHS Speed Class 3 at least 30MB/s write speed

Last edited:
Where you format the SD card makes no difference.
No, but matters in what format. Formatting thru the Mavic with the app guarantees proper format. Just a process of elimination for the OP.

No, but matters in what format. Formatting thru the Mavic with the app guarantees proper format. Just a process of elimination for the OP.
Using the default format command on a windows computer is 100% OK.
I've done it thousands of times for a range of cameras and drones and it makes no difference.

Using the default format command on a windows computer is 100% OK.
I've done it thousands of times for a range of cameras and drones and it makes no difference.
I have to, however, I find it just easier to just keep the chip in the aircraft and format from there on the fly. It just guarantees a fresh overwritten chip with folders recreated by the camera. Has been flawless for me since. DJI even recommends it to keep from oversights or corrupted cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer