DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A few questions from a new user

jpd1903

Reactions
Hi, great forum. I have found many answer to questions I had when I first got the drone (yesterday) on here :)
But I still have a few more that I can't seem to find an answer to. I would really appreciate being pointed in the right direction or a straight up answer. Thank you.

1) In Wifi mode the distance is limited, how do I increase it (as far as I read the default distance can be increased slightly) I realise it isn't going to travel miles I just want a bit more if possible.

2) Is it possible, in Wifi mode, to use the RC to control the drone? I really don't like the non-tactile type control of the screen and I have big hands so it just doesn't work well.

3) Is the maximum altitude calibrated from take-off point? I plan to take the drone in a hilly area and take-off from the top of a peak

4) When editing settings, for example the custom control settings for the C1 C2 buttons on the App, how are these used on the RC when the phone isn't connected? Is there a one-time data transfer of new information? I don't understand how it works as the RC and phone controls seems to be very independent of each other.

5) Is there a way to turn down the sounds on the RC? I understand the need for low battery warning to be there but it is very loud, as are turning on and off sounds

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
In Wifi mode the distance is limited, how do I increase it (as far as I read the default distance can be increased slightly) I realise it isn't going to travel miles I just want a bit more if possible.
Since you have a remote controller, it would be best to fly with the remote controller.

Is it possible, in Wifi mode, to use the RC to control the drone?
No.

Is the maximum altitude calibrated from take-off point? I plan to take the drone in a hilly area and take-off from the top of a peak
The altitude is measured from the takeoff point. Your Mavic will stop ascending when the current altitude displayed in DJI GO reaches your set max altitude.

When editing settings, for example the custom control settings for the C1 C2 buttons on the App, how are these used on the RC when the phone isn't connected?
Those controls cannot be used when the remote controller is not connected to the Mavic.

Is there a way to turn down the sounds on the RC?
No.

Reactions: jpd1903
Hi.

When the app is running and connected to the RC there is a continuous flow of information between the drone and app via the RC. Changes to a setting in the app, are sent immediately to the RC and/or drone (drone RTH altitude for example). Clearly, you don't actually need the app to be running to fly the drone but you would be "flying blind" and unable to change any settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones