DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 A glacier somewhere in Alaska

Very nice. That blue light within the ice is wonderful.

You wouldn't happen to know of anyone offering bareboat charters in the southern part of the state, would you? We chartered a sailboat out of Seward about 20 years ago had had a fine time in the Kenai fjords. But company seems to have disappeared.

Very nice. That blue light within the ice is wonderful.

You wouldn't happen to know of anyone offering bareboat charters in the southern part of the state, would you? We chartered a sailboat out of Seward about 20 years ago had had a fine time in the Kenai fjords. But company seems to have disappeared.
no...sorry I don't

Reactions: MS Coast
Very nice! I love Alaska and spent quite a bit of time there. I've been from Ketchikan all through the Aleutians and out to Attu, but no further north than Anchorage. My wife and I have been trying to plan a road trip there for years but something always gets in the way. Someday I'll get her up there so she can see how stunning it is.

Nice. Were you climbing up for a while then flying or is this relatively lower on a mountain?
I guess you'd say it's relatively low. I have footage where a glacier is impinging on the road itself. It's not as low as the Matanuska glacier where folks walk right onto it...

I guess you'd say it's relatively low. I have footage where a glacier is impinging on the road itself. It's not as low as the Matanuska glacier where folks walk right onto it...
Ah, thanks. I remember climbing in the cascades in WA and there's this one point that a few times each day a piece would calve off, fall about a thousand feet on a glacier below and it was like a loud explosion. Very cool to witness and makes me want to go back.

One wonders if the glacier is still there. There are several glaciers throughout Prince William Sound that my wife and I used to kayak to and camp on the beach nearby. All night we would hear explosions and calvings. Really wonderful experiences to paddle around all the "bergy bits" as they are called.

Reactions: veryzebra
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melissapeterss