DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A hard case with foam to cut out the deployed Mavic 2

Silverthorne

Reactions
Ideally we transport our Mavic with props and even prop guards installed and legs extended, plus controller, iPad, tablet holder, extra batteries, charger, filters and even the Marco Polo, all in one hard case that will protect, allow for safe shipping and when opened: ready to fly!

Anybody found such a case, or made one?

I wrote to Pelican for the model that will accommodate 5 by 3 feet and 6 inches high (ID) as I placed all of the above over the table and measured that much space. Alternative, the prop guards can be transported folded, that will have a much smaller footprint as the Mavic could have the legs folded.

Well, did you give the second thought to practicality to carry such case somewhere in the nature, or even in the city for that matter?
Mavic line was designed as "the concealed weapon", to easy store and carry anywhere. Actual deployment is fairly short, most of the pre-flight time is consumed with setting of the controller and camera.
Suggested case might have sense for the professional news gatherer , I personally find original padded bag sufficient for the amateur, granted you need second bag for extra accessories.
Perhaps DIY solution might be elegant - pro like - get the hard case suitcase like this https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0...9c7-8b64-560674059e80&pf_rd_i=6303806011&th=1
and create/cut compartments from dense foam available at most foam mattress shops. Much cheaper than Pelican.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400