DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A large castle, Schloss Wenrigerode, filmed with the Mavic

TheWire

Reactions
I recently went to Germany for business and brought my Mavic with. I love castles and I was impressed by the video I was able to capture with the Mavic. I'd appreciate any feedback on how I might improve my filming or editing in the future.

Attachments

• DJI_0012.JPG
    DJI_0012.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
Very nice, if I had one suggestion it would be to say that the earlier scenes where the trees are a little underexposed show quite a bit of loss of fine detail and I suspect you were using negative or zero sharpening - using sharpening +1 prevents it, at the cost of video that looks a bit over sharpened however that's reasonably easy to correct in post whereas once the detail is lost it's gone.

Lovely movie, good subject and nice light. Also editing is nice!
However, like Boris mentioned, first couple of shots seem out of focus or 0/-1 sharpness. Other than that: NICE!

I am going there for 2 weeks in May. Did u find it hard to fly, i.e. Was there people giving you a hard time?

Several of the more spectacular castles have imposed their own no-fly zones - with good reason as there have been incidents of drones crashing and falling into courtyards which are often quite busy with visitors.
You'll probably be OK from a sensible distance.
Someone from Germany might have a link to those with bans.
Not sure if the bans are all fully legal but plainly best not to flout.

I knew there were some restrictions on certain castles in Germany. I looked into it and could not find any restrictions on Schloss Wernigerode. However, to not fly over people, I flew shortly after sunrise and well before the castle opened. The main reason I flew over the castle was to set the center of the POI for the rotational flying. I might look into other ways of POI center, then I could get awesome video with staying 100+ feet from the building.
I also flew along the Amalfi coast and Tuscany in Italy. Again, I made the effort to not fly over people. I read the drone rules for each country I visit & carry a copy with me in English and the native language. I haven't been questioned on my flying, but I do avoid trying to attract attention.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31