Join Us Now

Air 2s A little puff puff and off into the snow

karlblessing

Gerbil Charmer Extraordinaire
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
karlblessing.com

Stopped by a park about 15 miles south of the city in between stores. Supposedly the snow was supposed to stop by this time but it didn't. Popped on the battery with the wetsuit on it (I keep 1 of the 3 batteries without it on).

The forward facing strobes are just there to add visibility to the snow flying at the drone (otherwise you wouldn't really see anything unless it was a lot more dense).

Stopped by a park about 15 miles south of the city in between stores. Supposedly the snow was supposed to stop by this time but it didn't. Popped on the battery with the wetsuit on it (I keep 1 of the 3 batteries without it on).

The forward facing strobes are just there to add visibility to the snow flying at the drone (otherwise you wouldn't really see anything unless it was a lot more dense).
Firstly, you are brave to fly in those conditions. Grand Rapids is not kind to flights in the winter. Secondly, your avatar does not look like you.

In any case, nice footage and dramatic music.

Dale

Firstly, you are brave to fly in those conditions. Grand Rapids is not kind to flights in the winter. Secondly, your avatar does not look like you.

In any case, nice footage and dramatic music.

Dale
It is me as it was created by commission off a photo of me. Though it's like 10 years old (why are we even talking about this ?)

d4q39vp-18ec86cb-ada5-415a-8383-6a7bfaad2059.png
d4nlquz-971e17ac-ccbc-4ba3-a659-1434b3b02bd3.jpg

Also those specific conditions were not that bad.

Though Ryan off Facebook put it better.

Screenshot_20221211_115743_Facebook.jpg

heading up to my place on the Mogollon Rim (Mug-e-on) or (MOH] + [GUH] + [YOHN). Snowstorm starting late tonight and more tomorrow. Thanks for the strobe idea to see the snow fall.

Thanks for posting, very interesting footage. I’ve never flown in snow before, how safe is that ? And also, pardon my ignorance, what’s a “wetsuit” ? I assume it keeps the drone “dry” ? I’ve heard of it, but that’s about it.

Thanks for posting, very interesting footage. I’ve never flown in snow before, how safe is that ? And also, pardon my ignorance, what’s a “wetsuit” ? I assume it keeps the drone “dry” ? I’ve heard of it, but that’s about it.
Far as the wet suit : @Phantomrain.org , it's primarily to keep water away from the critical components that would be affected by it (battery contacts, button seams, exposed ports if any).

Far as safe, note the screenshot with Ryan mentioning some caution. Snow is a little better when it's a bit colder than the freezing point, less likely to melt and refreeze (causing icing especially on the prop with higher humidity). Then there's the usual caution with batteries in cold temperature.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The Wet Suits are designed to create and Air Tight Seal on the Battery and the Power Button as these are the first two weak links, There is also protection for open ports , vents and Landing sensor on the bottom which can get confused in the Rain and Snow to force land.

Thus the Wet Suits allow you to Navigate thru the Heavy Rain and Snow fall as well.

No snow it is to much : lol We have quite a few videos of flying in extreme cold temps .
The only drone we dont have Footage on in the Extreme temps is the Mini 3 Pro , but its coming.

We never worry about the Motors as there Aluminum Brush-Less and the same ones used in some RC subs , and they have never failed on any flight.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Pouring Rain and Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: karlblessing
heading up to my place on the Mogollon Rim (Mug-e-on) or (MOH] + [GUH] + [YOHN). Snowstorm starting late tonight and more tomorrow. Thanks for the strobe idea to see the snow fall.
Looking down on You-
Now, I am jealous of that run up to the Rim. There are very few things I miss about living in Phoenix, but going up the Beeline to Payson and the Rim is one of the things I do miss. I'll bet you get some great drone shots up there.
Please post your work- I'd like to see the Rim again.

good day to all- Ed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun