DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Snow in the Yorkshire Dales - Pen-Y-Ghent and Fountains Fell

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
A wet days today, so doesn't look like much of a chance to fly the drones, so instead here is a cold feeling video from last weekend, the snow capped Fells of Fountains Fell and Pen-Y-Ghent in the Dales..

A target of opportunity for the drone spotted during our early March Yorkshire Dales trip, the snow capped fells called for us to fly as we drove along the road between them. Strobes fitted and 2 locations selected to minimise flight distance and maintain VLOS with the drone...

A cold breeze and only 4C at take-off height chilled my fingers to the bone on the 2 short flights, but it was worth it to capture the wintery landscape atop the fells - both near and those farther away in the distance...

Nice- hard not to like the Dales!
Thanks, and yes the Dales are a beautiful area... Think I will be visiting again in the not too distant future..

Another remarkable video! I would think that its time for the grass to green-up over there. Looks like the very end of winter. Beautiful in any event. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Very nice. Do you have footage of Whernside and Ingleborough that you could amalgamate with Pen-Y-Ghent to make a Three Peaks video?
Thanks, these were captured towards the end of the day, so didnt have time to do much more, bt will try that next time we are in the area, great suggestion..

Very spectacular and a wonderful tour at height of such a stunning location.
Thanks, although I took care to remain within 400 ft of the ground...

Reactions: twickers14
Another remarkable video! I would think that its time for the grass to green-up over there. Looks like the very end of winter. Beautiful in any event. Thanks for posting.
Thanks.. The grass is getting fresher, more at lower levvels, but another few weeks and it will be bright green...

Beautiful video - did I see someone camping on the top of Fountains Fell halfway through? that guy must have one very warm sleeping bag!!

Beautiful video - did I see someone camping on the top of Fountains Fell halfway through? that guy must have one very warm sleeping bag!!
Thanks, and yes, there was 2 tents up there, with at least 3 folks, the one you saw and another one further to the right....

Awesome!

• Love
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13