DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Above the clouds

IDK. You got above the clouds awfully quick. Was there any editing involved here ? And is it “legal” to fly at that altitude in Bulgaria ? Especially since you can’t see your drone covered by clouds ? I couldn’t get away with that in the U.S.

Awesome footage!
IDK. You got above the clouds awfully quick. Was there any editing involved here ? And is it “legal” to fly at that altitude in Bulgaria ? Especially since you can’t see your drone covered by clouds ? I couldn’t get away with that in the U.S.
It doesn’t look that high. Looks like there was fog / low clouds so he didn’t have to go up thousands of feet to go above the clouds. The Avata 2 can ascend 6m/s in Normal mode and 9m/s in Sport Mode.
In terms of regulation in Bulgaria, I can’t help there lol

Reactions: alex_markov
I have a video on the edge of a rising fog bank ! You can be on top with only 200 feet Agl . In my case I operated in a hole with careful positioning gave the impression of being on top although reality was the Drone was always in sight .

In the posters situation maybe they are not bothered about VLOS in Bulgaria
Entering clouds or visible moisture watch the freezing level or you will pick up ice

But regardless of the legality great video

Mr. Markov, really enjoyed your video, especially the descent into the opening. Keep up the good work. I have watched several of your videos and Bulgaria is a very beautiful country.

Another great video!

Well done Alex. You always aim and succeed in taking us to places we never see except from an airliner window after TO. Great flying.

I’m not dissing Alex because I enjoy his work.

My question is whether something like this would “fly” (pun intended) in the US because you’re supposed to have three miles visibility. Comments?

I’m not dissing Alex because I enjoy his work.

My question is whether something like this would “fly” (pun intended) in the US because you’re supposed to have three miles visibility. Comments?
I know this is an old post, but it wouldnt. Aside from the VLOS point you made, as per the FAA you have to maintain a vertical distance of 500ft below and 2000ft horiz from clouds.

That said, I doubt something as small as a drone can be tracked and to each there own, but the risk and consequences of coming in contact with a low flying helicopter should be the first deterrent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs